Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hello from Cabarete, Dominican Republic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostFri Mar 02, 07 5:51 am    Hello from Cabarete, Dominican Republic Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I have been here in sunny Cabarete for one week now. The kiting has been awesome with steady winds from about 13:30 to sunset. There is a large reeft that protects the bay of cabarette from huge ocean waves. I have been kiting on the outer fringes of the reef not brave enough to enter after a scary one time meeting with a wave the size of a greyhound bus. This monster wave laughed at my pathetic attempt by chewing me up and spitting me out. I know that within the next remaining 9 days I will enter the reef and ride one perfect wave that is now my main goal in life (damn life is tough). The best part of kiting here is that late in the evening about 1/2 before sunset the ocean feels like a hottub...very warm
My hotel, Caracol was recomended by a few poeple on NWKite the place is perfect, thanks once again. I will post some pics very soon.

Allen

Rollo Tomasi

Since 17 Mar 2005
983 Posts

Attractive

PostFri Mar 02, 07 7:57 am     Reply with quote

Sounds nice Alley Cat. Post some pix! I hear from Trevor the nightlife isn't bad either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: