Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Skimboarding with a seat harness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jan 25, 18 2:00 pm    Skimboarding with a seat harness? Reply with quote

Does anybody kite skim with a seat harness?
Last edited by hobbsla on Fri Jan 26, 18 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostThu Jan 25, 18 3:30 pm     Reply with quote

When I used to kite skim, I only used a seat harness. I was just learning kick flips on a real strapless kitesurfboard at the time, but I really do not think the harness hurts you for general riding. Board grabs can be slightly to significantly harder with a seat harness, but that is based on the individual body type and the type of seat harness.

It should be of note that I rarely used a waist harness, even back in my windsurfing days. Most of my waist harness use was with a kitewing on snow.

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jan 26, 18 11:18 am     Reply with quote

I ride almost exclusively in Dakine Nitrious shorts and log a lot of sesions on my finless skim in shallow water in the summer. I do find the seat harness makes grabs hard, but I am really inflexible so they would be hard either way.

I really love my LF Solo kites for finless skim sessions because it wont backstall when you reef on the bar and when you are landing tricks finless you need to reef on it to keep from falling more often than not.

I ride a full carbon Exile skim (5.6 lbs with full deck pad) 51" x 21" so it can stick to my feet without grabs in 14 knots quite well.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Jan 26, 18 1:44 pm     Reply with quote

waist harness makes it nicer to drop a knee - if you are into that

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: