Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Slingshot Line ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostSat Sep 07, 13 7:04 pm    Slingshot Line ? Reply with quote

I have the older Slingshot T3’s (2008) bar. A while back I bought a new Slingshot CSS 23M (2010) lines as replacement lines for one of the bars. The lines came with 2 sets of short gray lines. (66.5 cm and 68.5 cm). I figured there not for my kite. What are they for?

Thanks
Anthony

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
880 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSun Sep 08, 13 7:19 am     Reply with quote

Check the bar to end of flying lines length of your old set of lines to see if all 4 line lengths are the same or not. Be sure you have not pulled your depower and the chicken loop is tight against the bar. The grey spectra extensions are to adjust your new line lengths to match your old ones and whatever kite requires.

My last 3 SS kites generations and my current Rallys require all 4 bar to end of line lengths to be the same. Those being Fuels, Revs, RPMs, and Rallys, but I don't know the story on Turbos.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Sep 08, 13 7:52 am     Reply with quote

Most all kites require equal line lengths, that being measured AFTER connecting the lines to the bar. The actual lengths of the lines themselves will be different front to back to account for the bars leader lines having different lengths. Connect the lines to the bar and then check for tune. http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-10679 If your lines are wildly off, you need one of the leader extension sets supplied with the lines. Connect the extensions between the bar leaders and the flying line. Only use the leaders on the back lines. If for some weird reason you need an extension on the front lines, it would need to be attached between the kite and the flying lines.

Turbos, Revs and 2010 & later bars all had different leader lengths on the bars, so that is most likely why the extensions are included.

K2

Since 30 Apr 2009
274 Posts
Hood River, OR
Obsessed

PostMon Sep 09, 13 7:29 am     Reply with quote

Use the 66.5 ones. Slingshot used to have bars with different sized leader lines. Going forward those line sets will be phased out and replaced by replacement line sets which don't have 2 bags of extra lines in them. But anybody that has the replacement line sets with the 2 bags marked 66.5 and 68.5 should use the 66.5 length lines on the kite side of your center lines. Sorry for the confusion!

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 09, 18 1:22 pm     Reply with quote

Post resurrection!

Would anybody happen to have any of these SS 66.5cm or 68.5cm line extensions referenced in this thread just sitting in a drawer somewhere? I could really use 'em if you do!

Thanks!

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostTue Jan 09, 18 1:54 pm     Reply with quote

I am pretty sure I still have them. If they are still there, they are yours.

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 09, 18 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

Cool! Pm'd you!

Anthony

Since 07 Oct 2008
362 Posts
Salem
Obsessed

CGKA Member

PostTue Jan 09, 18 6:00 pm     Reply with quote

Check your PM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: