Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sst vs Rpm power per size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Brian H

Since 08 Aug 2015
54 Posts

PostWed Nov 22, 17 7:02 pm    Sst vs Rpm power per size Reply with quote

I posted this in classified by mistake so I'll post it here. I ride Rpm"s for foil boarding and love the way they have constant power thru the turns but they are getting old and I would like to get something with less bar pressure . Does the Sst and the Rpm's have the same power per size ? I mostly ride a 6m but I use a 10m once in awhile. Thanks.

Spider Monkey

Since 15 Jul 2007
36 Posts
Columbia City

PostThu Nov 23, 17 11:27 am     Reply with quote

I think sst and rpm are about the same wind range, does anyone know why rpm is not available on slingshot web site? Slingshot wouldn’t discontinue there top selling kite? Any rumors about 2018 rpm?

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostThu Nov 23, 17 6:34 pm     Reply with quote

I ride a combination of rpm sst and fuel. I have a foilboard but only 2 flailing fail sessions on it.
14 rpm 12 sst 9 fuel 6 fuel i consider my quiver though I have numerous other kites.
I think the sst is a mix between the fuel and rpm. It flies like the RPM but stays in the air better, more like the fuel.
FYI RPMs come out early in the year of production. I.e. 2018 model should be out early 2018. Feb???

Jonpnw

Since 22 Jul 2010
1322 Posts
Pacific Northwest
XTreme Poster

PostFri Nov 24, 17 11:53 am    SST vs RPM Reply with quote

I like the SST to a blend of the Rally & RPM , in my opinion it feels like the SST has more grunt than the RPM's . The 2018 RPMs will be released early December . I like the SST for riding foil & surfboard .

Join the Columbia Gorge Water Sports Association. http://gorgewindsurfing.org/

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostSat Nov 25, 17 9:06 am     Reply with quote

I spent a couple of hours in August riding a 2017 7m RPM back to back with a 6m 2018 SST. What I found is that the 7m RPM has the same top end as the 6m SST, as the bridle on the RPM is longer, which allows for more depower. That comes at a price, however, as the depowered rpm does not turn as well while depowered as the SST.

So, if pure range is your objective, I think the RPM is the way to go. If kite feel while depowered is your objective, I'd go SST.

Eric

Brian H

Since 08 Aug 2015
54 Posts

PostSat Nov 25, 17 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Thanks guys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: