Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kiting in SE WA or ID?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostWed Sep 06, 17 9:27 am    Kiting in SE WA or ID? Reply with quote

I'm driving from Hood River to WSU in Pullman today, and need to spend a few days there. Not sure if I'll have time to make a stop on the way there or back, but I should have some time while there. Unfortunately, Roosevelt is still about 3.5 hours back this way. Are there any spots worth checking out within a couple of hours of there, maybe on the Snake or towards Spokane or Coeur d'Alene?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Sep 06, 17 9:57 am     Reply with quote

Search function, hit search for all terms and type in "kiting on the snake river". There are about a dozen posts to read. . . let us know what you find if you go.

"I've kited Boyer Park once back in the day. Big dunes area and a great old-time WSU party place to camp. The Snake has many areas and sometimes great wind but it's fairly desolate so when you factor drive time other better-known areas comes to mind if you live on the Eastside.

However, the Snake is a gorgeous untapped area and many kite gems still waiting to be de-virginized so I like Bams attitude. You can take a boat from Lewiston/Clarkston all the way to Hood so I thought that would make a great 10-day houseboat/kite trip etc. Kite, float, BBQ, drink and shoot birds the whole way down."

--Sella

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-2875.html&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=kiting&start=17

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-21464.html&highlight=kiting+snake+river

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostThu Sep 07, 17 9:57 am     Reply with quote

I still stand by my non-foiler advice years ago because for wind and launch access to align is so rare I figured Roosevelt, or the Big A, was the best call to score during the ride home.

However, I'm pretty sure Hazard is a foiler so possibly drive back through Hwy 12 (Lewiston-Clarkston, Dayton, Walla-Walla etc) and you might find a lucky solo session along the Snake as you drive back west. It also helps you miss the football game traffic on hwy 26 coming in from Seattle Fri/Sat/Sun. Good luck!

Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Sep 09, 17 1:02 pm     Reply with quote

I wouldn't call myself a foiler yet, but I'm working on it. I ended up without much free time around Pullman, but we did drive back yesterday evening and I had a short 12m session at Roosevelt, which was a welcome stop!

Sella

Since 21 Apr 2007
1794 Posts
Doin' The Dalles
FLY'IN HIGH PIE GUY

PostMon Sep 11, 17 10:42 am     Reply with quote

Hazard to Navigation wrote:
we did drive back yesterday evening and I had a short 12m session at Roosevelt, which was a welcome stop!

Thumb's Up Nice. Go Cougs!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: