Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ghost Whisper Mounting pt vs Hover Glide NF2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostMon Aug 07, 17 8:34 am    Ghost Whisper Mounting pt vs Hover Glide NF2 Reply with quote

Anybody who rides both chime in? Same mount position, or further forward/back on GW compared to aluminum mast Hover Glide NF2.

Thanks,
Eric

patdaniels

Since 29 Jul 2015
91 Posts
Seattle area

PostMon Aug 07, 17 3:34 pm    Re: Ghost Whisper Mounting pt vs Hover Glide NF2 Reply with quote

eric wrote:
Anybody who rides both chime in? Same mount position, or further forward/back on GW compared to aluminum mast Hover Glide NF2.

Thanks,
Eric

I ride both the Hover Glide and Ghost Whisper foils on a Slingshot Dwarfcraft 4'6" foilboard at the same position - 3.5. Both those foils seem to work best for me on that board at that same spot.

Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Aug 10, 17 8:04 am     Reply with quote

Sorry for the hijack, but how should a beginner determine the position to use? I'm just starting with an NF2 on a Converter board with 24" mast. For my first session (many crashes, of course, but a few very short rides) I used 5, but am tempted to move it back (lower numbers) to reduce the front foot weighting needed. I'm also using loose footstraps, one insert forward of the center position. I plan to pick up some NSI Hookers.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 10, 17 8:21 am     Reply with quote

Hazard to Navigation wrote:
Sorry for the hijack, but how should a beginner determine the position to use? I'm just starting with an NF2 on a Converter board with 24" mast. For my first session (many crashes, of course, but a few very short rides) I used 5, but am tempted to move it back (lower numbers) to reduce the front foot weighting needed. I'm also using loose footstraps, one insert forward of the center position. I plan to pick up some NSI Hookers.

You should watch the Slingshot Academy video learning series.
You have to register but it's free. They tell you where to set it - all the way back.
For the first few sessions you should have it all the way back.
When you're getting longer rides move it up to 1 or 1.5....
that's the general consensus for everyone learning on the Hoverglide.
When / if you graduate to a more advanced foil like Ghost - that goes at 5.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 10, 17 9:51 am     Reply with quote

I can chime in too. I just went through this. The Hover Glide was a fantastic foil to learn on for me. As LDHR said, all the way back until you get sustained rides all the way across the river. Then to 1, then possibly 2. For what it's worth I found the 15" to be a great way to get weight figured out with zero pain penalty.

Hazard to Navigation

Since 12 Sep 2016
62 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Aug 11, 17 7:59 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies. I did move back to 3.5 for my second session, and had a little more success, slightly longer rides. I'll move it the rest of the way back and try for my third session today. I have been looking at the Slingshot Academy videos, but I didn't find where they said what position on the board to use. I may have missed it.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1803 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Aug 11, 17 5:19 pm     Reply with quote

Academy videos do say "all the way back."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: