Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ride Engine/Naish Torque Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Boost_Ramalak

Since 26 Jan 2016
22 Posts

PostMon Jul 31, 17 10:11 am    Ride Engine/Naish Torque Question Reply with quote

Was wondering if anyone had any advice on the ride engine and Naish torque set up. Since I ride with the fixed hook from Ride Engine its a pretty snug fit with the torque chicken loop and donkey dick. I'm just a little concerned that if anything went wrong and I needed to pull the release that the donkey dick wouldn't thread through the harness and would get caught. I really like the fixed hook as am not a fan of the slider but I'm just trying to make sure that I can actually release if the time ever comes.

kitemac

Since 07 Aug 2017
6 Posts

Kook

PostTue Aug 08, 17 10:02 am     Reply with quote

I know Jesse Richman works with both of those brands (Naish and Ride Engine), could be worth asking him directly. I posted this in the other board, but he has something called the Premier Club on his website that allows you to connect with him directly.

Hope this helps.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostWed Aug 09, 17 6:07 am     Reply with quote

Maybe you should go out into waist deep water and pull the release and see what happens.
While you're at it - practice self rescue procedures.

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostWed Aug 09, 17 11:09 pm    Re: Ride Engine/Naish Torque Question Reply with quote

Boost_Ramalak wrote:
Was wondering if anyone had any advice on the ride engine and Naish torque set up. Since I ride with the fixed hook from Ride Engine its a pretty snug fit with the torque chicken loop and donkey dick. I'm just a little concerned that if anything went wrong and I needed to pull the release that the donkey dick wouldn't thread through the harness and would get caught. I really like the fixed hook as am not a fan of the slider but I'm just trying to make sure that I can actually release if the time ever comes.

just so happens... I accidently hit my quick release tonight trying to learn to foil. slid right through the ride engine slider rope. And, FWIW, I don't see how it could get caught.

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1470 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Aug 10, 17 7:36 am    Re: Ride Engine/Naish Torque Question Reply with quote

Occupied Columbia wrote:
Boost_Ramalak wrote:

just so happens... I accidently hit my quick release tonight trying to learn to foil. slid right through the ride engine slider rope. And, FWIW, I don't see how it could get caught.

He was asking about Naish attached to the Ride Engine HOOK, not the rope.

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostThu Aug 10, 17 7:58 am    Re: Ride Engine/Naish Torque Question Reply with quote

ldhr wrote:
Occupied Columbia wrote:
Boost_Ramalak wrote:

He was asking about Naish attached to the Ride Engine HOOK, not the rope.

Lol. Read twice post once. My bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: