Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Foil Help Needed: How to Waterstart Strapless?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dcfordo

Since 19 May 2011
60 Posts
The Dalles

PostSat Jul 22, 17 10:12 am     Reply with quote

No Burton, pretty much the opposite of what you said.
Heels not on the board. Legs straight down in the water. Board not flat, but in position on it's side. Keep board in position close to your body with the back hand. Dive the kite with the front hand. Then just as the kite pulls, put your feet on the board and both hands on the bar.

scottman

Since 08 Jun 2007
149 Posts
hillsboro
Stoked

PostSun Jul 23, 17 10:31 am     Reply with quote

I am wondering if moving the kite stopper ball down to help with one hand kite flying would help? Or would it be more of a liability in case a gust hits. I find every time I move the stopper ball down that is key to start voodo wind,

JeffT

Since 07 Jul 2012
238 Posts
Deep Southern Portland
Stoked

PostSun Jul 23, 17 11:03 am     Reply with quote

Here is another pretty good vid on strapless foil waterstarts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rq4oNrHhi4

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 24, 17 7:04 am     Reply with quote

OK,All good advice here. I have around 2 years of foiling experience... and I normally ride with single NSI hooker on my FF.
Yesterday I went strapless for my first time. Jones Beach. When it was lighter 8m smooth winds it was such an improved experience, I was getting much better % on my "air" foot switches.
But... When I went back out in 4.8m & 3.7m strong gusty winds I found strapless to be very annoying, and returned the beach for my hooker. Super happy, power 3.7 Alley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: