Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cops and nice lady in Post Canyon restore faith.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
stevegriffith22

Since 14 May 2006
434 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Jul 16, 17 8:13 pm    Cops and nice lady in Post Canyon restore faith. Reply with quote

Yesterday my wife was in Covington WA by her parents. Some dude walking out of Verizon store saw someone cutting the lock of my bike rack and jacked 10,000.00 in bikes, he approached, challenged, took pics, followed, called 911, ID, wrote a statement and the cops had our bikes back in 6 hours with felonies charged. King County Sheriffs Deputies KICK ASS. I will be writing a letter to the C/O. Also the dude that involved himself didn't have too. So hes pretty rad too.

I was pedaling up post canyon with my 7 year old just past Grand Prix on the way to the top while on the road when this lady noticed my little man looked exasted. She stopped and asked me if it was ok to give us a ride to the top, before I could say anything, my 7 yr old had said "yep, that's real nice of you." She went and turned around at GP and came back to take us up to the top. She was driving this old forest service surplus truck. She was wonderful. She talked to the little man and my self. She had raised a family at the base of post canyon. She warned my little man about a little mandatory drop and walk around on Bad motor scooter. She was very very sweet to him. I was impressed that a local took the time out of her day to do that. AS a local in a small town with recreational users I have mostly left going out of my way to help strangers to my job as a public servant and a ski patroller. She has got me thinking about how I treat people in my small town. Last night while on shift, I was talking to my boy and he asked if we could see the lady with the green truck again, that she was very nice and maybe she would give us a ride up so we didn't have to peddle anymore Smile Just want to reach out and maybe someone knows who she is, tell her thank you for me.

unbob

Since 31 Aug 2008
260 Posts
'da Gorge/LaV
Obsessed

PostMon Jul 17, 17 6:29 am     Reply with quote

Much thanks for that great happy no-fake news story! You made my day!!! Happy Trails to you and your little man! Smile

Hope to meet the "lady with the green truck" myself sometime!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: