Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Looking to rent or buy boards in oahu march 13th- 21st

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostWed Mar 08, 17 10:45 am    Looking to rent or buy boards in oahu march 13th- 21st Reply with quote

Looking to rent or buy boards in oahu march 13th- 21st
Surfboard should be easy Craigslist find. Last year I rented from a shop. I'd rather buy a twintip board from someone on oahu and leave it in the attic for next trip. I normally ride a SS Asylum 140. Any Ideas?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Mar 08, 17 3:08 pm     Reply with quote

Why don't you purchase a TT at a shop in HI. Show them your OR id and no sales tax. I'm pretty sure their shipping is subsidize by the mfg some. Maybe as a condition of buying the board the shop will let you store it there?

I'm sure there is no shortage of surfboards to purchase. . .

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostWed Mar 08, 17 3:22 pm     Reply with quote

Good Idea squatch. but I am looking for a budget board and I have a place to store the board. I'm just trying to save on baggage bulk & fees.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostWed Mar 08, 17 4:31 pm     Reply with quote

Ultimately you are going to want to be happy with what you purchased. You don't want to be looking down at your board every session and saying to yourself "this board kind of sucks ass or what if I had purchased X board". Especially if you're be kiting in tropical waters; pamper yourself. Probably better selection of used TT here in the lower 48. Buy one here and have it shipped to the place where the attic is. Or take the risk/chance of taking one over by plane when you fly over there next--risk reward analysis up to the end recipient. OR buck up/nut up and support one of the shops over there and buy something from them. Remember, got to support the local shops because in a time of need, that is where you will go. . .

Where is Naish in HI? I bet they have some blem boards. Not sure if that is just the brain trust over there? Seems like a high cost of biz place to be shipping in and out of.

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostFri Mar 10, 17 3:00 pm    Kailua Reply with quote

Naish has a huge shop in kailua on Hamakua. Good place to stop in and worship as it is sort of a shrine to wind sports. Some good deals there. Also, just go to the beach in Kailua. Everyone hangs out on the grassy area and usually people have stuff to sell. There are also some great deal online for last years models that include free shipping and no tax.

Occupied Columbia

Since 12 Nov 2011
376 Posts
Columbia City
Obsessed

PostSun Mar 12, 17 12:42 pm    Re: Kailua Reply with quote

1surfer wrote:
Naish has a huge shop in kailua on Hamakua. Good place to stop in and worship as it is sort of a shrine to wind sports. Some good deals there. Also, just go to the beach in Kailua. Everyone hangs out on the grassy area and usually people have stuff to sell. There are also some great deal online for last years models that include free shipping and no tax.

Thanks, but I went to Naish in Kailua last June. They were a little pricey to buy. The rental prices were good though and they let you swap out equipment SUP, etc. as needed.
I rented my board from a different kite shop. I don't remember the name... terrible, I know. The owner was an ex team rider for Slingshot. They cut me a bro deal on the board rental Because I had my BOTG slingshot t-shirt on.
I got it figured now. I have a SS vision I'll take in the NSI deceiver bag. If I get charged a $100 so be it. I'll leave the board there anyway and pay the $35on the way back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: