Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Anyone gonna kite today?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Mar 02, 17 10:54 am    Re: Foils rule!!! Reply with quote

Sella wrote:
TAK wrote:
This was a few minutes after I saw some dude standing on the red channel marker so I figured there would be a board floating down the river.

Laughing Hilarious. Nice save Tak. Did he have his kite or did he release the whole thing? What was his plan to get back to the Sandbar? It sounds like TGautier body dragged him back home. Solid gesture considering it was 3/1. Thumb's Up

Nice save Tak & TGautier Thumb's Up

Be safe out there - with the high snow year the river will be cold for a while - really not a question of your kiting ability, the law of averages says failure is in your future - even TAK can have a bad day if i wrap him up in the middle of the river Laughing

Dress to survive a 30 min swim (I'm sure a few polar bears out there can rock a speedo and do fine but 38 degrees will crush most...)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
291 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostThu Mar 02, 17 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

Did it. The event site had some perfect 11-12 meter wind. And the water temp isn't too bad. Also.....

...... I left my GoPro on the beach because I was using it off and on and someone walked off with it. It's a GoPro 3 with a black mouth mount and a black floatie on the back of the case. Let me know if you have it or know who does. In all my years I've never had anything go missing from the event site so this is definitely depressing.

Cody 2one9-9one6-zero451

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Mar 02, 17 4:56 pm     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
a couple of us out at rufus. wind shifted out of the north but seemed to get better again later in the afternoon.
before you head out to the river understand it is still chilling at around 38 degrees.
I'm unsure if your wetsuit will cut it in the event you spend more than a minute steeping in the water.
just so you know I know some kiters that wear wetsuits under their drysuits!
windance still has a bunch of these drysuits if you want to go that direction. if you go the drysuit route, make sure you always close your pee zip before you hit the water!

It was fun out at Rufus yesterday despite the funky wind. Glad to see some peeps around in case things go bad.

I went with a 3/2 wetsuit under my drysuit shell. Body was toasty warm despite the fact I was in the water more than usual. My right hand got cold as my cheesy gloves have a hole in them. Guess I need a better hand solution.

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostThu Mar 02, 17 5:05 pm     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
if you go the drysuit route, make sure you always close your pee zip before you hit the water!

That is sound advice!!! Very Happy

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostThu Mar 02, 17 7:13 pm     Reply with quote

stringy wrote:
if you go the drysuit route, make sure you always close your pee zip before you hit the water!
No shit!!! Very Happy I've NEVER made that mistake... well not lately anyways. Surprised

TAK

Since 04 Aug 2009
94 Posts

PostThu Mar 02, 17 8:31 pm    PDX Foil Army in the house!!! Reply with quote

Ronsolo,Jeremy,Joe and I rockin it today, P-town representin!!! The rest of the crew must have been stuck working.

IMG_1632[707].jpg 

HRnico

Since 22 Mar 2008
260 Posts
Da Hood
Obsessed

PostThu Mar 02, 17 9:19 pm     Reply with quote

You guys are many leagues beyond me. 38 degree water,wow. Thats brutal ****. I'lll just go skiing for now. See you all when my 5/3 is enough. Shocked Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: