Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Neil Pryde Wet suits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostTue Feb 14, 17 9:49 am    Neil Pryde Wet suits Reply with quote

Time to replace my cool weather wetsuit and i'm looking for feedback from people who've actually used the NP 2017 Combat front zip 5/4? I think Ken Lucas reps these for NP anyone else tried one? I just used a NP Edge Armor over water water suit and the difference it makes was really impressive.

Matt E.

Since 22 May 2008
318 Posts
West Coast Sales Rep
Obsessed

PostWed Feb 15, 17 1:17 pm     Reply with quote

Hi Pauls,

Ken has been loving his Combat, this suit has proven to be ridiculously warm and much more durable than traditional "smooth skin". Contact Big Winds to order one for you!!

A.K.

Since 01 Jul 2006
190 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Feb 15, 17 3:09 pm     Reply with quote

Is the NP Nexus a full windskin suit? Thats what is looks like visually online - but I don't see this mentioned anywhere. There seems to be a selection tool on the website that directs me towards the NP Nexus when selecting for the effects of windchill.

What is the highest and best Neil Pryde wetsuit to address evaporative cooling? I don't care about durability, cost, or flexibility, I just want the best suit on the market to address evaporative cooling.

I suppose one could go for the flexible suits with a fuzzy interior lining for super comfort and then place a windskin jersey overtop to address the windchill. Seems like one would get the best of both worlds. But the problem I see here is that I don't get windskin on lower legs.

I have used the Promotion suits for years have been really happy with the windskin treatment especially on the Oregon Coast. Now I am looking to see if there is a suit with even more windskin coverage - shoulders, lower legs, etc...

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostWed Feb 15, 17 3:20 pm     Reply with quote

cant speak to NP but these Patagucci suits have been pretty toasty and last forever - looks like a few half price $$$ suits left
they run stupid small - i wear a L in this years model

http://www.patagonia.com/product/mens-r4-front-zip-hooded-full-wetsuit/887187660056.html?CAWELAID=120226140000318350&gclid=CJmKjOGdk9ICFU5tfgodBSIOhg

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

Vladiator

Since 06 Jun 2009
252 Posts
Napels FL
Obsessed

PostFri Feb 24, 17 11:48 am     Reply with quote

Just got r4 in mail super solid wetsuit! Thanks Gman Very Happy

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostThu Apr 27, 17 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

Bump - anyone got any feedback. I want something crazy warm in the wind. Tried on couple of winter surfing hooded suits and they felt super stretchy and comfy but they don't have windskin. I don't think the best paddling suit will be the best kiting suit.

A.K.

Since 01 Jul 2006
190 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Apr 29, 17 1:28 am     Reply with quote

http://windsurfaddicts.com/2014/11/20/winter-wetsuit-guide-2015/

This article further discusses the issue........

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostMon May 01, 17 11:49 am     Reply with quote

My new ION Strike AMP 5/4 is very warm and wind resistant.

PieroPDX

Since 22 May 2006
109 Posts

Stoked

PostWed May 03, 17 4:04 pm     Reply with quote

Windskin junkie here.
+1 on Ion suits. They're more reasonably priced compared to other options, in my experience.

Locally check Gorge Surf House and (as of last season) Big Winds also carries them.

Online I'd check surf-store.com and surf-hq.com (blocks away from each other in Slovenia)and you can get free US shipping with a large enough order.

pauls

Since 20 Jun 2005
562 Posts
white salmon
Addicted

PostMon May 22, 17 9:35 am    Got a great local suit and deal Reply with quote

Decided to stick with a wind sport brand and went back to Promotion - really happy. Lots of sizing choices and ended up with a screaming deal on a past season suit. Could never have picked the right size suit if i hadn't gone to the store with enough time to try a bunch on. Picked up a high vis orange exo skin wind top as well. Tested both out at the coast yesterday toasty warm, plenty flexible and no flushing when dragging through waves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: