Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

RE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
cpc219

Since 12 Jun 2014
293 Posts
The Dalles
Obsessed

PostWed Oct 12, 16 7:59 pm    RE Reply with quote

Best harness on the market. For real.

The harnesses to get progressively stiffer and lighter. The carbon and pro series is tough to tell the difference in stiffness but the weight difference is noticeable fore sure. I started out with the Hex and I upgraded to Odyssey Pro and that thing is the shit.

I used to rock the slider rope until I found out that the next step in strapless riding is to start doing tricks unhooked. Otherwise I probably would have stayed on it. There is an argument out there that it doesn't makes sense to have slidey things in the sailing world. I have a friend that states that the slider rope technology is a backwards step while so much of the equipment is moving towards a tighter and closer feel. Do what you want. Slider ropes increase your angle of attack so if that's what your going for then there's your answer.

Cody

patdaniels

Since 29 Jul 2015
91 Posts
Seattle area

PostThu Oct 13, 16 7:01 am     Reply with quote

With Ride Engine, hook or slider bars are both available, easy and quick to change on beach.

Slider generally better for surfboard and foil, and takes edge off TT boosting but probably can't jump as high (does not matter to me personally). I only use slider now for all styles of riding. To me, less is more in this case - no metal hook to bang board, no donkey stick on chicken loop, use of small Slingshot chicken loop is tight, less pull on ribs when boosting. Personal preference!

Main point here is run a hook or slider or both on Ride Engine harness. Some people are confused about Ride Engine harnesses being slider only. Some of the biggest boosters and best unhooked riders in the world are riding Ride Engine harness with hook bar.

If you want a tighter more direct feel, unhook, or boost highest go hook bar. If you want more room to move, especially riding toeside, simple connection with no hook/donkey stick, and you don't unhook - go slider. Use a small snap shackle or snap hook, marine and load apporopriate, on slider line to self launch / land on tether.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: