Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sign the petition for Lyle access.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Sep 24, 16 5:33 am     Reply with quote

Signed, hope the meeting goes well

Kmun

Since 05 Jul 2009
250 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Sep 24, 16 8:31 am    Cat Walk Re: Under vs Over Reply with quote

Related to my comment on the other thread (PostFri Sep 16, 2016, Lyle Sandbar Access Meeting:Wednesday, September 28th).

Cat walks are a very common substructure produced prefabricated in mass for architectural and mass transit applications. Attachment to the side of the bridge buttress and/or suspended from the above bridge seems more rational that tunneling through rock.

It would be nice to show up with a cost quote from a similar project.
Does anyone know the industry that produces cat walk type metal work?

Parking Lot Cost:
1. What level of parking area improvement was considered too costly?
2. Was the proposal to be simple gravel or black top?

Crossing Gate Costs:
3. Aren't crossing gates crazy expensive?
4. Didn't Bingen have a big problem with these costs?
5. Does a active gate force the need for a Dougs Beach type huge & costly fence (eye sore)?

Under vs Over
4. Lyle Crossing: It's been years since I been there, but remember questioning this "Crossing the Track" problem with a crazy solution. Is it feasible to devise an under the bridge path via fixing a iron catwalk to the concrete wall of the bridge abutment along with suspension from the above trestle?
5. Is this more expensive than an active gate?
6. Which approach lowers pedestrian at fault Rail Road liability?
7. Would people still take the direct path and poach over the tracks without adding the fence eye sores of White Salmon Sandbar and Dougs Beach?

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSat Sep 24, 16 10:28 am     Reply with quote

Signed, #162 to sign. Everybody, get your friends and family to sign this!!!

Kmun

Since 05 Jul 2009
250 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Sep 24, 16 10:42 am    Cat Walk Re: Under vs Over Reply with quote Edit/Delet Reply with quote

moondog wrote:
Signed, I will be out of the country for the meeting. I haven't kited in Lyle in 5 years but can someone bring up the feasibility of some sort of walkway that would latch on to the concrete underneath SR 41 along the Klickitat river. It would take BNSF out of the equation there would be no people crossing the highway. Thanks!

Related to my comment on the other thread (PostFri Sep 16, 2016, Lyle Sandbar Access Meeting:Wednesday, September 28th).

I wouldn't hurt to show with photo examples and costs from a similar project.
Does anyone have connections with the industry that produces off the shelf cat walk metal work?

Cat walks are a very common substructure produced prefabricated in mass for architectural and mass transit applications. Attachment to the side of the bridge buttress and/or suspended from the above bridge seems more rational that tunneling through rock.

Parking Lot Cost:
1. What level of parking area improvement was considered too costly?
2. Was the proposal to be simple gravel or black top?

Crossing Gate Costs:
3. Aren't crossing gates crazy expensive?
4. Didn't Bingen have a big problem with these costs?
5. Does a active gate force the need for a Dougs Beach type huge & costly fence (eye sore)?

Under vs Over
4. Lyle Crossing: It's been years since I been there, but remember questioning this "Crossing the Track" problem with a crazy solution. Is it feasible to devise an under the bridge path via fixing a iron catwalk to the concrete wall of the bridge abutment along with suspension from the above trestle?
5. Is this more expensive than an active gate?
6. Which approach lowers pedestrian at fault Rail Road liability?
7. Would people still take the direct path and poach over the tracks without adding the fence eye sores of White Salmon Sandbar and Dougs Beach?

navi

Since 23 Aug 2014
71 Posts

PostSat Sep 24, 16 7:40 pm    lyle petition signed Reply with quote

till more decent launches esp for beginners come into being, Lyle will remain critical to offload the Hood River sandbar jungle.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: