Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Travelling to Grand Bahama this December

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
achadney

Since 12 Aug 2016
2 Posts
Hood River/Bend

PostSat Sep 17, 16 2:48 pm    Travelling to Grand Bahama this December Reply with quote

So I'll be in Freeport for a week this December. Trying to minimize fees, so I'd prefer to rent down there. Anyone have any info they can share with me about the access?

Thanks!
Alex

1surfer

Since 20 Apr 2010
354 Posts
'Ualapu'e / High Rockies
Obsessed

PostFri Sep 23, 16 11:59 am    Rentals Reply with quote

I doubt there are any rentals there. Look online. Can be a nice place to kite with the right wind. It can be very good from several directions. You just need to be willing to move to the right spot for that days wind. Big beaches in front of some of the hotels on the South side. You will ill need to kite the north side if its blown north. There is an older beach resort near the marina that can be good on north. I would rent a car and go to the far east end of that island. Some nice uncrowded spots on both the north and south sides along the way. By uncrowded I mean, nobody for miles .... Not all of them are sand but there are a bunch of great places to launch. Some of the spots that may be blowing off shore are OK because its only 3-4 feet deep, so you can always walk back to the beach. Clear enough water to see the depth at those places. Beautiful water. If you jump high enough you can usually see any of the sharks that may be around. Lots of small ones there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: