Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Street Kiting Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostWed Jan 31, 07 2:31 pm    Street Kiting Video Reply with quote

Shocked http://nautical.kswiss.de/videos/

Check out both videos on the right. The first is an animated video. Second is the real deal…

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Jan 31, 07 2:41 pm     Reply with quote

haha, good find, Dano! Haven't seen that before... Luckily, those were his late '05-06 kites that he was crashing into shit!!! Wink

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostWed Jan 31, 07 10:23 pm     Reply with quote

That is just about the dumbest thing i have seen. I can imagine how many young kids are going to go out and try this and really get hurt.

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostThu Feb 01, 07 12:03 am     Reply with quote

Quote:
That is just about the dumbest thing i have seen. I can imagine how many young kids are going to go out and try this and really get hurt.

Totally man.

Oh yeah that reminds me; Hey Tucker, lets grab my old LF kites and hit up this super windy spot i know of with a huge elementary school right there. We can use some old skateboard decks and throw down some kung fu's and monkey bar grinds in the playground. Hopefully we'll time it just right and get there during recess. It'll be sick. Then we'll dole out some trainer kites to the tykes, give em all our old gear and bounce. They'll love it!

Hah, sorry. Seriously though, how many "kids" are there out there with access to the gear? And of those kids, how many are gonna risk demolishing their new kite, themselves, and possibly someone else doing something like that? The risks are super apparent and I think if your parents got you proper training in the sport you're not going to try anything like this...until you become a pro like Rueben of course Very Happy

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostThu Feb 01, 07 7:32 am     Reply with quote

Dano , are you compensated for all your pimpin'??

Onad

Since 04 Mar 2005
1435 Posts
Coast<<PDX>>Gorge
XTreme Poster

PostThu Feb 01, 07 7:51 am     Reply with quote

Hey Registered. No, I don’t receive compensation from Slingshot. I just love flying the Slingshot flag, riding the gear and supporting a local company. Started out on Slingshot gear in 2000 and haven’t found a reason to change. I try to fly as many different kites and boards as I can just to know what’s out there.

As far as the Len10 posts, this kid is the best in the world and going bigger than anybody ever dreamed of (the street kiting is pretty stupid and portrays a bad message to the public and future kiters in my opinion). Sure, it’s part pimpin and part sharing info with the forum readers.

~ Dano Cool

registered wrote:
Dano , are you compensated for all your pimpin'??

Reaper356

Since 10 Dec 2006
781 Posts
Salem / LC Oregon
Opinionated

PostSat Feb 03, 07 6:37 pm     Reply with quote

LOL, He needs some of those Heely shoes... and maybe a helmet.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: