Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Ride Engine compatible with fire ball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Aug 07, 16 1:49 pm    Ride Engine compatible with fire ball Reply with quote

I am getting conflicting info. I demo'd the fireball yesterday at event site. Used their harness.
They say, although they have not seen it, that you can take the plastic off the webbing off the ride engine harness, then us the fire ball spreader bar.

Any thoughts on this?

jeffwestco

Since 21 Jan 2014
23 Posts

PostSun Aug 07, 16 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

saw this in my Youtube "recommended" the other day....

nutshell, sure looks like it to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwPH-bf_41g

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Aug 07, 16 2:14 pm     Reply with quote

THANKS FOR THAT!

jeffwestco

Since 21 Jan 2014
23 Posts

PostSun Aug 07, 16 2:23 pm     Reply with quote

No problem! Just happened across both the video and your question in a serendipitous order.

Jeff

DangleMaster123

Since 01 Aug 2010
38 Posts

PostSun Aug 07, 16 5:04 pm     Reply with quote

Yes, although I don't think it mentions that in the factory specs or on the packaging. I've been tying the "hook" of my Ride Engine to the Fireball connection with spare Spectra line and duct tape before every session, and that seems to do the trick.

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Aug 14, 16 6:33 pm     Reply with quote

So my lady wanted the fireball as well. The spreader bar is too large to fit on her harness.
Any ideas if NP group will make a shorter spreader bar in the future.. Or is there a way to modify to fit ladies?

skideeppow

Since 26 Aug 2011
518 Posts

Addicted

PostSun Aug 14, 16 6:38 pm     Reply with quote

So my lady wanted the fireball as well. The spreader bar is too large to fit on her harness.
Any ideas if NP group will make a shorter spreader bar in the future.. Or is there a way to modify to fit ladies?

luke

Since 06 Jul 2005
399 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 16 5:12 am    NP bars Reply with quote

The Cabrinha bar that is used with the FireBall has a bunch of mounting options and comes in one length. NP Surf is coming out with FireBall compatible bars in at least 2 sizes. Maybe this fall? For small women if the current bar is too long, it would be possible to modify the harness so that the bar/harness could be tightened down. However, the load points would be on the side of the hips. Better to wait for the correct length bar for her.

Matt E.

Since 22 May 2008
318 Posts
West Coast Sales Rep
Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 16 3:23 pm     Reply with quote

NP Surf is coming out with two more sizes of the Fireball spreader bar very soon, the smaller size should be perfect for small ladies or super groms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: