Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Looking for a harness for my kid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
TAK

Since 04 Aug 2009
94 Posts

PostSat Jul 23, 16 9:47 pm    Looking for a harness for my kid Reply with quote

Anyone out there got an old Dakine impact harness in a SM or X-SM or a nitrous board short harness could work too. Please PM me if you got anything or know anyone that does.

Thanks TAK

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Jul 24, 16 6:00 am     Reply with quote

Tell me he's going straight to Foiling, skip the preliminaries?

TAK

Since 04 Aug 2009
94 Posts

PostSun Jul 24, 16 6:54 am     Reply with quote

Haha Kip that would be my younger son Jeffery he's a mad man. Ty is way more conservative but I'm just stoked he wants to hit the water!!!

CrazyHerb

Since 04 Oct 2008
79 Posts
Ilwaco, WA

PostSun Jul 24, 16 2:00 pm    Dakine Storm - Small Reply with quote

I have a very lightly used Dakine Storm small seat harnes my kid has outgrown.
PM me for info and I can get it to you ASAP if you want it.. for like $40.

I only have a couple days left here, then off to AZ. But could get to the post office tomorrow.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostMon Jul 25, 16 6:29 am    kids harness Reply with quote

Tak,

I recently went through the process of finding a harness for my kids. There are not many options. I wanted one with leg straps to keep it from riding up. I couldn't find any that were available or in stoke. A few companies make kids harnesses, Mystic, Ion, Prolimit, but only the Mystic is available in the US and I couldnt find one.

I ended up with a Dakine Chameleon size XXS. its still a bit large for them but the leg straps keep it in place and there is room to grow.

Dakine does not make the Chameleon anymore, I think, so I found them on close out.

cheers,

Ryan

Matt V

Since 26 Oct 2014
462 Posts
Summer- OR Coast, Winter - My van near good snow
Explosive Diarrhea

PostMon Jul 25, 16 8:15 am     Reply with quote

Keep a watchfull eye on the webbing on newer Dakine harnesses, especially for your youngster. The cheap Polypropylene webbing Dakine is using now wears very fast and does not show it as well as the older Polyester seat-belt webbing. The old webbing would throw a "birds nest" when it started to wear but was strong if up to 1/4th of it was worn through. This new junk webbing breaks with just a bit of one side worn through and no visible wear on the good side that faces out.

For me at 220lbs, I am burning through the Dakine "Vega" harness webbing in about 20 sessions on the coast. I like the harness for it's comfort, but I am going to have to put a bunch of time in with a stitch awl and change out the junk Polypropylene webbing to 1" polyester seatbelt webbing. For now, I am using a bit of extra webbing under the bend that runs over the bar/bar latch hook points. This cushions the Polypropylene and stops if from fraying so quicly.

A bit off topic, but at my weight, the one box stitch on the lower strap attachment point is completely in adequate. I have pulled these out under normal riding conditions. So be careful. Unfortunately, this stitching showed no signs of being bad before it came undone.

Dakine seems to be getting more into highly profitable apparel, and away from durable outdoors equipment.

richm

Since 18 Jul 2009
8 Posts

Kook

PostMon Jul 25, 16 10:34 am     Reply with quote

I have a 28 waist nitrous shorts, barely used.

PM if interested. In Seattle.

TAK

Since 04 Aug 2009
94 Posts

PostMon Jul 25, 16 7:17 pm    Thanks everyone for all the responses Reply with quote

Steve hooked me up with a Dakine Storm seat harness I think its gonna work great!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: