Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

WMFG Deck Pad on 5'4" Screamer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kitebeard

Since 28 Sep 2015
16 Posts

PostThu Jul 21, 16 1:44 pm    WMFG Deck Pad on 5'4" Screamer Reply with quote

I've heard a lot of great things about the WMFG Deck pads. I have a 2014 5'4" Slingshot Screamer that I absolutely love but want to bridge the gap between the rear and front pads. Was curious about sizing if anyone has put one of those pads on that board.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostThu Jul 21, 16 3:58 pm    NSI Reply with quote

Just go to NSI and get some "cut your own" EVA or clear grip traction for the perfect fit (since you cut it yourself).

http://www.northshoreinc.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?pageStyle=h&ProdSort=19&page=2&idCategory=66&viewAll=yes

Da Yoda

Since 12 Mar 2009
79 Posts

PostThu Jul 21, 16 5:41 pm    Re: WMFG Deck Pad on 5'4" Screamer Reply with quote

kitebeard wrote:
I've heard a lot of great things about the WMFG Deck pads. I have a 2014 5'4" Slingshot Screamer that I absolutely love but want to bridge the gap between the rear and front pads. Was curious about sizing if anyone has put one of those pads on that board.

You should be good to go! The Screamer is just under 18" wide. The WMFG pads are 15" at the widest point.
If you're replacing the entire deck pad, make sure to get the pad set for traditional shaped tails. The Stubby model is for boards like the Angry Swallow/Vanguard hence the name.
Btw, the WMFG pads are a bit thinner than the NSI pads so they're lighter weight when wet. I also like their diamond pattern better vs. NSIs.
Enjoy!

user124

Since 02 Aug 2012
390 Posts
Portland
Obsessed

PostThu Jul 21, 16 9:10 pm    pad Reply with quote

I also have the 5'4" screamer (love the board as well) and I wanted to bridge that gap. I bought this pad:

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B00KMGGDIA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The pattern, color and thickness is a pretty close match for the original pad and you can trim it to fit nicely in that gap.

IMG_2028.JPG
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  IMG_2028.JPG
 Filesize:  1.06 MB
 Downloaded:  286 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

kitebeard

Since 28 Sep 2015
16 Posts

PostFri Jul 22, 16 4:48 am    Re: WMFG Deck Pad on 5'4" Screamer Reply with quote

Da Yoda wrote:
kitebeard wrote:

You should be good to go! The Screamer is just under 18" wide. The WMFG pads are 15" at the widest point.
If you're replacing the entire deck pad, make sure to get the pad set for traditional shaped tails. The Stubby model is for boards like the Angry Swallow/Vanguard hence the name.
Btw, the WMFG pads are a bit thinner than the NSI pads so they're lighter weight when wet. I also like their diamond pattern better vs. NSIs.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. Do you have a pic of it on your board?

Kmun

Since 05 Jul 2009
250 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Jul 23, 16 7:53 am    Re: WMFG Deck Pad on 5'4" Screamer Reply with quote

kitebeard wrote:

Btw, the WMFG pads are a bit thinner than the NSI pads so they're lighter weight when wet.
Enjoy!

Water weight gain:

Both manufactures use very similar close cell foam. Water adhesion is the similar per unit of surface area. The difference in water weight gain (surface wet out) is based on total surface area.

Choose the product that serves the goal?
Traction only, or impact adsorption with traction.
Thicker volumes of similar density foam = more total weight = more impact attenuation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: