Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Waroo 07 Rear pulleys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostThu Jan 25, 07 10:03 am    Waroo 07 Rear pulleys Reply with quote

Anyone have a closeup pic of how the new rear pulleys are setup - just got a 5m and pretty sure came wrong from the factory - it has two pulleys on the rear bridle - one closest to kite doesn't look like it is set to do anything at all?

Thanks

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Jan 25, 07 10:22 am     Reply with quote

The one close to the kite lets V bridle get slightly larger or smaller depending on if kite is powered/depowered. I'd imagine on the 5 it slides very little since the bridle is realtively small.

There are lots of bridle mods and and experimenting going on at the best forums, good place to get info on that stuff: http://forum.bestkiteboarding.com/

I took my 7m rear bridle apart and tried to make it like a 06 bridle, which works well... but after talking to a few folks I wonder if I should probably just stick to stock. With the pulleys you give up some feel but get lighter bar pressure and easier turning.

Kodiak

Since 01 Aug 2005
1114 Posts

Slidey

PostThu Jan 25, 07 12:39 pm     Reply with quote

I used mine iwth the new bridles. THe only drawback is the kite seemed to turn a bit slower than the old one, but I ahven't flown them back to back.

Phil, if you leave your 9 m with the mods on it we can fly them back to back with the stock version and see the differences.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostThu Jan 25, 07 2:09 pm     Reply with quote

only modded my 7m, could swap them over to the 9 though I don't think its much different.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Jan 26, 07 2:38 pm     Reply with quote

Think I got it straigthened out - the pulleys where stuck together when I got it - pulled on it and now it looks right.

IMG_3260_1_1.JPG 

hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jan 26, 07 3:54 pm     Reply with quote

Is that carpet in your house?! Shocked Wink

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostFri Jan 26, 07 3:56 pm     Reply with quote

My office in Vegas baby!

endoshred

Since 22 May 2006
232 Posts
HR
Stoked

PostSun Jan 28, 07 8:31 am     Reply with quote

interesting info on kite modification, but more important is learning more about that carpet. gotta be a sweet office.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: