Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Bar for a 5 line kites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostTue Jan 23, 07 2:23 pm    Bar for a 5 line kites Reply with quote

I was out kiting and I saw someone with a five line bar with a C kite and it had a feature that allowed him to lock his kite into fully powered position by hooking his bar (I believe) to his harness. And when he wanted to depower he would unhook his bar from his harness and just push the bar away from his stumach. Does anyone know who makes this bar? North? Slingshot?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 23, 07 2:58 pm     Reply with quote

Some Cabrinha bars have that option (haven't seen it with a 5th line setup though)... JP's uncle, Rik, let us play with it a couple years back with on his 10m Nitro, and we didn't really like it.

NateDogg

Since 05 Mar 2005
627 Posts
I caught your mom on
cineaptic.com

PostTue Jan 23, 07 4:32 pm     Reply with quote

Cab's and Liquid Force bars have the power lock option, but an easier way would be just to get a fixed harness loop, like you see on windsurfers, and use that to hook in to. Older bars have both a chicken loop and a fixed loop, but then co's stopped putting them on when they realized it's just as easy to hold the bar in...no real reason for the fixed if you run a chicken loop.

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostTue Jan 23, 07 4:36 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be the 07 north 5th element bar. http://www.northkites.com/zms/content/index_eng.html
Its got this little micro hook on the chicken loop and a small loop fixed to the bar.
It looks really dangerous for launching, but would be cool for those underpowered days when you dont want to sheet out at all.

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostTue Jan 23, 07 5:30 pm     Reply with quote

TWIN-FIN wrote:
Sounds like it might be the 07 north 5th element bar. http://www.northkites.com/zms/content/index_eng.html
Its got this little micro hook on the chicken loop and a small loop fixed to the bar.
It looks really dangerous for launching, but would be cool for those underpowered days when you dont want to sheet out at all.

Yes, it is the 5th element bar. I like the idea because I spend a lot of time at Sauvie's island and I'm generally under powered so it would be nice to just hook in and not have to worry about pulling the bar to my waste.

Thanks for finding it for me Very Happy

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostTue Jan 23, 07 9:14 pm     Reply with quote

That is what the SS Active Stopper Ball is for... Wink

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed Jan 24, 07 8:53 am     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
That is what the SS Active Stopper Ball is for... Wink

But I have a Naish bar - and it doesn't have one of those Sad

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostWed Jan 24, 07 11:42 am     Reply with quote

Yea, I don't either, but I still like them! haha

Moto

Since 03 Sep 2006
2698 Posts
Still a gojo pimp!
Moto Mouth

PostWed Jan 24, 07 11:53 am     Reply with quote

Kataku2k3 wrote:
Yea, I don't either, but I still like them! haha

Laughing

TWIN-FIN

Since 24 May 2006
805 Posts
Portland, OR
Hot Monkey

PostWed Jan 24, 07 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

I have the 07 5th element bar and dont like the little triangle shaped stopper on the bar. It is not very effective, it slides really easy and seems to be wearing down the chicken loop line. Im in the process of taking the factory stopper ball off and retro fiting it with the SS active stopper ball.....The only problem is will it work and how do I do it, beside the ovbious trial and error. I want to avoid the error.

Any help or experiance in this department would totally rule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: