Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

windwing?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jan 18, 07 7:29 am    windwing? Reply with quote

this seems like a pretty good deal...anyone ever fly these?
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/264354488.html

Reaper356

Since 10 Dec 2006
781 Posts
Salem / LC Oregon
Opinionated

PostThu Jan 18, 07 9:37 pm     Reply with quote

Found a link here on Windwing Rage 2:
http://www.kite-surf.com/userreviews/show_review.php?Ratings_Index=1615
From what they say sounds like the rage 2 is a descent kite for the money. Drawback is 90% depower.

They have the 2005's cheap at http://www.windexpress.com.

sleestack

Since 07 Dec 2006
182 Posts
Land of the Lost
Stoked

PostThu Jan 18, 07 9:59 pm    Re: windwing? Reply with quote

[quote="FlyinElvis"]this seems like a pretty good deal...

You get what you pay for. All kites and brands are subject to "lemon" batches and each manufacturer has their own specs and standards etc. . . (some better than others), but I have seen more blowout on seams, LE, and panels on Windwings than any other kite brand out there. Never flown one.

I don't believe they are in the biz anymore either. Support your regional economy, get some SS.

alleycat

Since 29 Jun 2006
176 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostFri Jan 19, 07 2:51 pm     Reply with quote

You need a heck of a lot of kite flying experience to fly Windwind kites plus, they are quite difficult to dial in to any bar set up except the Windwing CC bar. It took me quite a while to learn how to fly my RageII but once I got the hang of it everything went well. I enjoy the raw power of the kite, it has the reverse launch set up for when it crashes into the water. I would suggest getting that set up as the kite is very difficult to do the traditional water launch and my 5 line SS set up did not work at all. I feel that the kite is difficult to relaunch due to the flat spot on the leading edge which seems to give the kite a lot more power, however, the kite sticks to the water like glue. Like I stated earlier the kite flys great and is a lot of fun but only with the Windwing CC bar for a cool $150 it would be a good deal I think. I am a intermediate kiter can stay up wind, I have fun but have not boosted intentional big air as of yet. .

The countdown is on 30 days untill I leave to the Domincan Republic for 3 weeks.....(just had to throw that in there, I am going crazy)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: