Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Wings from G10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Harri

Since 26 Jan 2016
6 Posts
Austria • Salzburg
Kook

PostTue Jan 26, 16 4:16 am    Wings from G10 Reply with quote

I've a LF Foilfish since a few months. Now i'm quite tired of the low aspect wings and the medium aspect aren't still available here in Austria. I decided to make myself wings out of G10. Years ago i made my windsurf fins with G10.
Can anyone give me advise which thickness is required, so that they won't break under pressure? Would 8 mm be ok?

Thanx in advance!
Harri

stringy

Since 23 Jun 2006
1726 Posts
vancouver
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jan 26, 16 7:15 am     Reply with quote

with G10 you can go pretty thin. are you thinking you will be jumping it alot? if so a thinner section could fail.
since you have shaped fins in the past, you are aware of the effort to make those. I could not imagine making a whole wing from a sheet of G10. by the time you are done sculpting them, the new LF wings might be available!
if it's a flat design you could start with a 1/2" sheet and go from there. my wing tips are less than 1/8" in height.
If it is swept you will need to laminate for the swept sections.
if you just want to upgrade to some new G10 wings, feel free to send me a private message. I CNC machine wings in a fraction of the time and effort.

kitebot

Since 20 Feb 2007
251 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Jan 26, 16 12:49 pm     Reply with quote

Check this out, this guy used an old skateboard deck from his front wing:

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/DIY-hydrofoil-with-rubbish-and-an-angle-grinder/?page=1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: