Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Snowkite Magic!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
noah

Since 19 Oct 2006
171 Posts
Bozeman, Montana
Stoked

PostThu Jan 14, 16 8:56 am    Snowkite Magic! Reply with quote

Monday was one of those days I dream about. One of my favorite winter kite spots awoke with steady 30 mph winds.

Having been there only two days prior, I knew the Monida Pass area was deep with smooth, unaffected powder. To see the wind gauge firing so strongly, I could hardly contain myself on the two hour drive from my camp in the Big Hole.

As soon as I pulled into Monida I could feel how formidable these winds were. It was like a firestorm of wind driven powder. Clouds of spindrift towered high above.

A quick lunch and I was out the door with my 8m Ozone Summit. Rather then get my sled off the trailer, I marched up the closed road 1/4 mile to clear the power lines and went into "search and destroy" mode. I've kited here before and know a few of the fat gullies. Sure enough, they were loaded with knee to waist deep pow.

Jenkins (8m) and Laurel (5m) watched and saw that I was fine on the 8 and they slowly got it together to get after it. I was glad to see them; share the goods!

As the afternoon progressed, we pushed into some different zones, bigger hills, steeper hills, lots of cracking and cornice busting. Such clean fun!

Relentless, the winds never abated. Monida delivered with an epic!

Cheers and windy regards,

Noah - Powered by Ozone Kites

Laurel 1.jpg 
   Laurel 2.jpg 
   Laurel 3.jpg 
   Monida 1.jpg 
   Pow 1.jpg 

toddjb

Since 16 Oct 2007
271 Posts
MD
Obsessed

PostFri Jan 15, 16 8:10 am     Reply with quote

That looks gorgeous! Thanks for that.

cool breeze

Since 05 Oct 2009
26 Posts
mtn

PostSun Jan 17, 16 9:24 am     Reply with quote

Nice score! It s almost snorkel season out there!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: