Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

SS and Ozone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Jan 16, 07 8:02 am    SS and Ozone? Reply with quote

any truth to this?

http://www.kiteforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2335419

Chris B

Since 25 Sep 2006
7 Posts

Kook

PostTue Jan 16, 07 8:58 am     Reply with quote

I don’t know anything about SS’s particular situation or if they have changed facilities. But I do have a little background in dealing with China and issues with large price increases and declining quality standards. We have seen a 40% increase in some products over the last 12 months and parts that are coming in the door with major rework issues. Combine this with lead times of 3 months and it's just not worth the risk. I know of a lot of companies that are looking for other places like India, Vietnam, and ext. I wouldn’t be surprise at all if this is true and applaud them for making a move that increases quality. I would bet there paying a premium for a better product. I have always been a fan of the pride that SS has when it comes to quality and it’s the reason way SS is still one of the main players. In the kitting world quality is an absolute must. We are such a tight network due to forums all over the world. If Joe Kiter on some remote beach has a problem with a leading edge blowing out due to a bad stitch its blasted all over the internet.

Design and print tolerance is still what defines quality not the location where the product is made. If it is true I would bet it’s because they weren’t upholding quality standards.

I repeat I don't know anything about SS's facilities nor due I have inside info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: