Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

anyone been kiting in Greece?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostTue Dec 01, 15 4:25 pm    anyone been kiting in Greece? Reply with quote

It looks like Kos, Lemnos, Rhodes, Naxos, Vassiliki are places for kiting via the internet. Has anyone been to any of these (or other spots in Greece)?

I am looking for a place for two families to hangout for a week or so with lots of non-wind activiites for kids of various ages. Ideally, we could rent a big house (there are 10 of us).

I am the only one kiting so far, but maybe others would try it. I am an intermediate kiter. Suggestions?

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2053 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Dec 01, 15 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

Pm Windslither. If I recall what he had to say is that there were strong winds, relatively no sandy beaches and rocky/hairball launches and landing zones that made your sphincter pucker. Well he didn't say the last thing, but it was close. Smile

Bill C

Since 15 Sep 2005
202 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Dec 01, 15 5:47 pm     Reply with quote

I think Dimitri goes there.

MCD

Since 24 Feb 2014
42 Posts

PostWed Dec 02, 15 7:34 am    kiting or windsurfing in Greece Reply with quote

Rhodes. West end. Prasonisi. Don't miss Monolithos.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Dec 02, 15 8:52 am     Reply with quote

Hey Mark,

In the summer the Meltemis blow out of the NE so the trick is to find open beaches with side onshore exposure. Around Athens, Loutsa is a pretty good spot. Paros and Naxos are both kiting destination islands. I went to Paros a long time ago to windsurf but didn't get much wind.

I would look hard at Rhodes as a bigger more interesting island with more to do.

It's great your going. Awesome food, people, and they need your tourist dollars!

Thumb's Up

lubomm

Since 15 Aug 2007
247 Posts
Hood
Stoked

PostFri Dec 04, 15 3:09 pm     Reply with quote

I have been to Lemnos (Limnos) only. The main spot is Keros beach, they have some kite centers. It is good kiting if you are not looking for waves. Lemnos is not a major resort destination, they have small hotels, B&B, camping. I have friends that go to Rodos all the time. The spot Prasonisis in Rhodes is a major kite spot but seems to be crowded from the pictures. If you want to be in the scene that is one of the prime spots.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostFri Dec 04, 15 4:01 pm     Reply with quote

If you're going to kite in Athens, hit these guys up: www.kiteinathens.gr I had a two day layover there in October. They provided kite, board and transportation for only 70 euro. Great crew with a lot of local knowledge. Highly recommended. You might want to talk to them about where to go out of Athens as well. Tell them the Delta pilot sent you. Very Happy

pollywog

Since 07 Aug 2009
289 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Dec 05, 15 7:58 am     Reply with quote

We kited in Naxos in September. Good beginner and intermediate stuff. Very peaceful. Your family will likely get bored cuz if your not into water and wind activities there's not much.
Amy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: