Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Cascade surfboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
kitebug

Since 27 Apr 2015
40 Posts
Hood River

PostThu Oct 01, 15 2:35 pm    Cascade surfboards Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to purchase a surfboard from Cascade Performance in Mosier? I'm interested in buying a Cascade Pro-Series.

http://www.cascadeperformancefiberglass.com/kite.html

Do they sell in stores?

lloyd

Since 16 Aug 2007
108 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostThu Oct 01, 15 2:40 pm     Reply with quote

Call the number on the web site. He's actually in Husum now. Hes always returned my messages when I have left one. He built a board for me last year. He did a thicker glass lay up for me because I have broken every board I've ridden. Still using the one he made for me. He's really in to designing and building a board specifically for you. Highly recommend him.

Ryan

Since 14 Jul 2005
536 Posts
Oregon
Addicted

PostThu Oct 01, 15 7:28 pm    phone Reply with quote

Yup, give Gary a call and he will build you a custom board specific to your needs. He has been in the gorge building boards as long as almost anybody.

he leaves every winter for Mexico so I would get in touch with him soon.

kitebug

Since 27 Apr 2015
40 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Oct 02, 15 2:08 pm     Reply with quote

The first thing I did was call the number, I've emailed too. I think he must be headed to Mexico!

Does anyone have a suggestion for a similar style board to the Pro-Series?

I hear they are a little deeper riding in the water so they are a little more stable and have less bounce due to the heavier, higher density construction.

lloyd

Since 16 Aug 2007
108 Posts
Hood River
Stoked

PostFri Oct 02, 15 3:16 pm     Reply with quote

Those riding characteristics are things you'll find in boards shaped and built by people in the Gorge. Most surfboards from the major manufactures are designed and built for wave conditions like in Maui. Unfortunately, the conditions here are little different.

If Gary at Cascade isn't available, try Art at North Pacific. Big Winds has a stock of some of the North Pacific boards available for retail/demo. TJ is your guy to talk to at Big Winds. Otherwise, you can call North Pacific and talk directly to Art about what you want your board to do and ride like. TJ can even do a custom order through Big Winds. The cost is the same whether you buy through Big Winds or directly from North Pacific.

hilton

Since 15 Aug 2008
787 Posts

Opinionated

PostFri Oct 02, 15 6:41 pm    North Pacific Reply with quote

+1 for North Pacific

The polyester construction from Cascade and North Pacific is a bit heavier than the epoxy boards built in China or Thailand for North, Naish, Cabrinha, Slingshot, etc. but the poly boards are also usually smoother on the water.

Art has built tons of kite surfboards over the years so he has a big variety of shapes to choose from and knows what works in the Gorge.

http://northpacificsurf.com/product-category/kite-boards/

kitebug

Since 27 Apr 2015
40 Posts
Hood River

PostSat Oct 03, 15 8:04 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I'm on it, I definitely want to start with a board for the gorge. Thanks!!!

BBQ Jim

Since 02 Sep 2009
14 Posts

PostSun Oct 04, 15 7:09 am     Reply with quote

Gary is still in the Gorge building boards. I saw him on Friday. He does great work and can build you any kind of board. Not limited to polyester construction.

Jim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: