Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

San Francisco Road Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri May 01, 15 8:42 pm    San Francisco Road Trip Reply with quote

Took a quick 4 days 1600 mile road trip to San Francisco to kite under the Golden Gate Bridge. This was a no frills no agenda trip, we were lucky the stars aligned and we got some good riding in. Neither me or Cal have go pros but we did get a few pictures.

Road trip vehicle.

On the trip South we were looking for some wind to score a session and break up the drive. Unfortunately the was no wind at floras Lake or pistol river. As we drove South the wind picked up and we stopped at clam beach. We checked out the beach and figured we would give it a try. As we came back to the rig we saw a welcomed sign.

After the session we hit the road again and drove till we were about 45 minutes from crissy field. We stopped at a gas station and slept. We were scheduled to meet Captain John at noon but we wanted to get there early to avoid traffic and get an easy parking spot.

Cross the Golden Gate Bridge.

Parked for the day.

Kiting the bay.

After kiting the bay we went to Sherman Island and stayed the night there hoping to be able to kite there before the drive home. Unfortunately the wind wasn't real strong but there was enough wind for my 17 so I kited a while then gave my kite to Cal. After he was done I kited a bit more. We then packed up and headed home. Fun trip!

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri May 01, 15 8:54 pm     Reply with quote

Really fun trip! We were very fortunate to catch a really good wind day for the bay. We launched and landed at Crissy Field, so we never actually used the boat service but it was great to have him as backup and to get some nice snaps!

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSat May 02, 15 5:00 am     Reply with quote

Ah Jesus, Why did you have to show me this?!?!? I missed you by hours, and a communication break. Grrrr.
Oh, and Sherman was perfect for foils Wink
Froze my as* off at Crissy. Kited solo near the GGBridge, ancient 4/3 wetsuit with holes, and had the conversation "This is a stupid way to die (solo)"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: