Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

The Real Winning Edge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Adam B

Since 20 Oct 2010
19 Posts
Minnesota

PostThu Mar 12, 15 1:13 pm    The Real Winning Edge Reply with quote

Hello Hood River kiteboarders,

This past summer my sister, Amanda, had the opportunity to take part in a nationally broadcasted non-profit TV show that features teens sharing their challenges in life and how they have been able to put the negative energy into sports they enjoy.. such as Kiteboarding!

Here's a copy of the episode that aired on October 18, 2014! It will be on again this spring on Fox/ KMSP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-i7OD034yg

Amanda and I hope to make it to Hood River for the summer. It has been a long awaited goal to experience Kiteboarding for Cancer and to experience the amazing kiting of the beautiful area.

barfly

Since 31 Mar 2005
1210 Posts
Seaside
BRACKISH

PostThu Mar 12, 15 7:26 pm     Reply with quote

Amanda's story is great and thanks for posting. Participating in KB4C is a summer highlight for so many people... survivors, family and friends of people affected by cancer and everyone else who puts up their time and energy for a cause. Heaps of fun!! Look forward to seeing you out here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: