Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sauvie - Open for 2015 Business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Mar 03, 15 8:17 am    Sauvie - Open for 2015 Business Reply with quote

We got lucky yesterday evening and got some early goods from the Wind gods on the Island.
Below is the video of this fun opening session with Duc. Since we had to wear so much rubber, we made the most out of it: "Ride hard! Crash not so hard but a lot!" that's the goal for 2015!

https://vimeo.com/121119813

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYG4DU3rKBE

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2058 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Mar 03, 15 10:42 am    Nice work! Reply with quote

I was at/on a rooftop downtown last night playing outdoor tennis and noticed the NW winds were messing with my serve and the flags on the Fremont bridge were flying.

This early in the season reminds me of '04 when SI blew very early and often. I don't think it was this early though.

Too bad we didn't get the annual first day at SI email bet rolling this year!Sad

Hopefully it's a harbinger of good winds to come this season?!

Last year on March 2nd I was kiting Rufus and freezing my hands off as the snowkiting wind gods were not smiling upon us that day.

Way to score and thanks for the vid! What sized kite were you riding last night?

Keep up the stoke!

Freeride Kiter

Since 08 Jul 2011
698 Posts
Alaska / PNW / Baja
Instructor

PostTue Mar 03, 15 10:50 am     Reply with quote

Way to Score Serge!!! - great way to start the season (sans Ventana)

www.freeridekiting.com

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Mar 03, 15 10:52 am     Reply with quote

Hi Sasquatch! Must have been a nice view playing tennis on rooftop in downtown at Sunset. We started riding at 3:00PM (there is a lot of value in working East coast hours) and finished at 6:00PM. I started on 15m but quickly rigged 12 and both Duc and I ended-up riding on 12.
Sorry about the NWKite Sauvie rolling bet... Feel free to join the Sauvie Island Kiteboarding FB group. Lots more real time feed and post on Sauvie riding conditions there.

Here are some pics from yesterday.

Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.57.02 PM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.17.18 AM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.18.17 AM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.21.11 AM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.21.46 AM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.22.36 AM.jpg 
   Small - Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.27.09 AM.jpg 
   Smal1- Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 10.15.54 AM.jpg 

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2058 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Mar 03, 15 10:58 am    Spring Chinook/King Salmon Season is upon us Reply with quote

This early in the season, the likes of creatures like "Snaggle Carpus" may be upon the shores of SI consuming launch/land beach space; heed my warning and be careful. Wink

https://vimeo.com/37276314

See minute 1:28 into the vid.

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Mar 03, 15 11:14 am    Re: Spring Chinook/King Salmon Season is upon us Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:
This early in the season, the likes of creatures like "Snaggle Carpus" may be upon the shores of SI consuming launch/land beach space; heed my warning and be careful. Wink

No Snaggle Carpus or Wind Slither were seen yesterday... However, a bunch of dead small fish (I am assuming salmons) on the shore. I remember seeing the same phenomena last year... What's the story about this? Is that a natural occurrence or pollution related?

MikeZ

Since 17 Jul 2012
207 Posts
Beaverton / Seaside / Govy
Stoked

PostTue Mar 03, 15 11:23 am    Re: Spring Chinook/King Salmon Season is upon us Reply with quote

sromano1995 wrote:
No Snaggle Carpus or Wind Slither were seen yesterday... However, a bunch of dead small fish (I am assuming salmons) on the shore. I remember seeing the same phenomena last year... What's the story about this? Is that a natural occurrence or pollution related?

Smelt (appropriate name). Normal occurrence - they die after spawning...
http://www.oregonlive.com/multimedia/index.ssf/2015/03/smelt_wash_ashore_along_the_co.html

Justsmile

Since 20 Jul 2009
1523 Posts
Not Portland
XTreme Poster

PostWed Mar 04, 15 10:22 am     Reply with quote

The third pic is awesome. Nice job on getting the goods!!

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2573 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostWed Mar 04, 15 7:12 pm     Reply with quote

Good job guys! Early season SI score to punctuate this freakish non-winter. I've temporarily traded my kite board for a rivet gun as I am head down trying to rebuild this trailer for the summer season but I have my new Zephyr and plan to be on it soon!

P.S. Screw Facebook! Keep the kite stoke here where it belongs! Thumb's Up

dude abides

Since 06 Apr 2014
52 Posts
Bend, OR

PostThu Mar 05, 15 11:18 am    Re: Spring Chinook/King Salmon Season is upon us Reply with quote

Sasquatch wrote:

That's f-in hilarious! nice work mr. slither. I've met everyone of those characters living here in pnw over the years.....i got a sixer of rainier with your name on it, should we ever cross paths.

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2058 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostThu Mar 05, 15 11:39 am    Re: Spring Chinook/King Salmon Season is upon us Reply with quote

74scout wrote:
Sasquatch wrote:

That's f-in hilarious! nice work mr. slither. I've met everyone of those characters living here in pnw over the years.....i got a sixer of rainier with your name on it, should we ever cross paths.

Yes indeed, the vid is an oldie but a goodie and strikes upon SO many truths and occurrences that transpire upon the shoreline of the mighty Columbia... And the reason I keep on posting it.

And what Wind Slither said, keep the stoke alive here on this forum where it originated.

FB is for pole boarders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: