Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Hawaii and SW winds, for the knowledge base in da NW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostFri Feb 13, 15 12:39 pm    Hawaii and SW winds, for the knowledge base in da NW Reply with quote

It's been blowing SW for about a week. This opens up the other side of the island. The Kehei side is going off today 29mph South. This sets up a perfect side shore at the Kehei launch. It also makes for a really fun downwinder going from Makena to where ever you want to stop.

There is also a bit of south swell mixed into it as well. I'm gonna launch at Kehei and then got to Maalea.

What I'm learning is that these winds are a bit fickle and tend to die off in the late afternoon.

The other thing is that the best weather days with SSW, and SW, and S winds are lighter and require more kite. I'm on a 10mtr. and only doing downwinders because my 12 is down right now.

Bring your big kites if you come in the winter! 14 is about as big as you wanna go. Anything bigger is gonna be trashed in the waves.

FYI,

I miss the snow in Oregon,

Later!

PS~If you are interested in storing gear over here I have some options.

Cheers,
Ron

dirtybackside

Since 02 Aug 2011
72 Posts
Hood River

PostFri Feb 13, 15 7:07 pm     Reply with quote

Lanes was fun. I think there was 8 of us out at about 1230.

Kihei hurts my knees because it's just chop

By the way you keep spelling kihei wrong

bulae99

Since 12 Jul 2006
1691 Posts

I give out bad advice.

PostSat Feb 14, 15 5:48 am    Kihei was fun today should be good too SSW! Reply with quote

Solid 8mtr and I'm 200lbs. on a surfboard.

Launched at the bridge and head up wind to Kamaole Beach. Saw a couple of whales and kited with about 10 other dudes. Mostly 6's and 8's with a 9/10 in the mix.

Little bit of west swell and just a perfect Aloha Firday for sure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: