Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Nuker out east tomorrow?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Oct 25, 14 12:53 pm    Nuker out east tomorrow? Reply with quote

The potential for a good ole fashioned nuker out east tomorrow. A 984mb low(that's 29.05 inches hg, or hurricane strength) is currenly moving into position along the coast and will move inland tonite along the canadian border. It is happening,as Astoria's barometer is down to 29.23 and dropping like a rock at 1pm. Brookings at 1pm is 29.76.Doing the math that's a huge north-south gradient(.53) already and if it holds thru tomorrow, roofs will be blowing off out east tomorrow. NOAA is already posting high wind advisories for tomorrow, and so am I,and my advisory is to not miss this one! sorry Tamira and I Kitesurf but you're missing it bad and friends don't let friends miss epic conditions! See you out there!

bigjohn

Since 13 Mar 2012
663 Posts

Addicted

PostSat Oct 25, 14 1:55 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the Heads up Victor.

I might try to get a bit of that late this afternoon... I'm still hoping, but tomorrow looks very promising.

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
882 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostSat Oct 25, 14 8:11 pm    Re: Nuker out east tomorrow? Reply with quote

Inflictor wrote:
sorry Tamira and I Kitesurf but you're missing it bad and friends don't let friends miss epic conditions! See you out there!

WORD

Victor is not only the Inflictor, he is also a spot on Predictor!

I kited the bottom side of the low pressure as it tracked north today along the coast. Due west winds the last 2 hours before dark at Agate and wound up on my 7m kite. Lotsa fun and the near shore buoy was rocking at 25'@ 13 seconds.

Shocked

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Oct 25, 14 9:14 pm     Reply with quote

Victor are you thinking 3 mile?

Mtjustice100

Since 14 Jun 2014
49 Posts

PostSun Oct 26, 14 12:03 am     Reply with quote

Yeah it's on!!!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Oct 26, 14 6:16 am    7 am update Reply with quote

still looking good for Rosie east. Pendleton noaa boys saying wind advisories 'till 3pm with a strong jet mixing down to the surface after sunrise so I'd suggest getting out there early for the goods. might not be the nuker I was hoping for but should be really good with the swell building all last nite from 54 mph gusts at rosie last nite. see you out there!!

Johnb

Since 02 Aug 2010
494 Posts

Obsessed

PostSun Oct 26, 14 4:34 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads-up. Got my first Roosevelt session.

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Oct 27, 14 6:20 am    fun 3 mile! Reply with quote

Wasn't the nuker I was hoping for but really solid 8m building all day to 6m(for me) and very nicely organized swell. Even all my buddy windsurfers had a good time on 4.4's rigging down to 3.8 at 3pm just like the forecast model showed. After 3 1/2 hours of solid straptime(ya I use 'em, so call me a pussy like Robby)I'll be smiling all week!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: