Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

waist harness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
ronp

Since 05 Jul 2007
79 Posts
west linn

PostSun Sep 21, 14 9:42 am    waist harness Reply with quote

looking for someone that rode mystic warrior harness and tried mystic magestic. My back is getting beat up from an old harness. Magestic sounds decent but no place around to try one. Any other opinions on a harness with really good support?

thanks

LilRhody

Since 28 Aug 2014
5 Posts

Kook

PostSun Sep 21, 14 2:48 pm     Reply with quote

I've been pretty happy with the Ion Hummer. Haven't tried the Mystic warrior but it seems pretty popular...

consumer

Since 28 Nov 2010
406 Posts
banned
Obsessed

PostSun Sep 21, 14 4:38 pm     Reply with quote

have you considered ponying up for an engine custom harness? I heard they are amazing. I think the price for a custom molded harness $330

dyyylan

Since 14 May 2014
26 Posts
Hood River

PostSun Sep 21, 14 5:15 pm     Reply with quote

I have the 2013 majestic and I love it, the memory foam is reeeeeally comfortable, you can barely feel it at all against your spine. It's 3d molded as well so it holds its shape and gives a lot of support as well

dwaynej

Since 09 Sep 2013
207 Posts

Stoked

CGKA Member

PostSun Sep 21, 14 6:17 pm     Reply with quote

My Ion Apex Select harness metal buckles just failed and I'm now back on my Mystic Warrior harness... Really happy with it and would not see the need to get any other harness. If I had a do over, I would likely try an Engine harness but really nothing wrong with my Warrior today. Overpowered on a 18M foil yesterday with the kite pulling like a mac truck and overall, all was good.

Dwayne

Last edited by dwaynej on Mon Sep 22, 14 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total

muthergoose

Since 14 Oct 2013
169 Posts
East Couve
Stoked

PostMon Sep 22, 14 5:23 am     Reply with quote

I use a mystic warrior. I had a dakine before and I think the mystic is much more comfortable, easy to adjust etc. I mean to each his own but as far as support the mystic warrior is pretty solid.

CTkiter

Since 27 May 2011
87 Posts

PostMon Sep 22, 14 3:25 pm     Reply with quote

Consumer, thanks for mentioning the Engine harness, it's actually the first time I have ever heard of it. I checked out the Engine website ( https://ride-engine.com/ ) and I really like the design of his harnesses, particularly how the carbon plate holds its form and truly distributes force across the entirety of the harness. The custom molding that fits the contours of your back and their custom integrated carbon spreader bar that eliminates the spreader bar from lifting and rotating up are both really nice also. I also like the fact that it's all handcrafted and assembled here in the States. For most part...I like and have always liked the fit, comfy inner 3D molding, support, and the lower spreader bar strap that minimizes spreader bar rise on the Mystic Warrior Harnesses, but I always wished that they had a slightly smaller footprint per se, like seen on some of the ion harnesses...I think the engine harness addresses this, it looks like a slightly more compact harness. I have been riding Mystic Warrior harnesses since 2007, but I think my next harness will likely be an Engine.

Consumer, do you currently own or have owned an Engine harness? If so, could you share some of your experiences with it? Thanks in advance!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Sep 22, 14 6:45 pm     Reply with quote

I have had an Engine harness for about a year and a half and it is great. I use it with a "slider" type bar and the combo is perfect for me. Harness does not move sideways or up/down so you need some sort of slide setup. Never go back to an off the shelf, this fits me perfectly so super comfortable while tight and very small "footprint". Takes a while to get it with the mailing back and forth but totally worth it for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: