Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

For beginners: How to relaunch your kite.
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 12, 14 9:45 am     Reply with quote

sromano1995 wrote:

I understand that my posts will probably continue create a immune system response in you. I can't do anything anything about it. It's for you to deal with.

Right back at ya Serge. You keep going on about "holding the bar the wrong way"... watch the video and LEARN... the whole point is that you don't need to be holding the bar at all, its actually better if you don't. Fact is, I didn't say launching with a twist in the lines is wrong, but you ignored that. You conveniently switch the issue from relaunching the kite, to flying, so that you can now pretend we're talking about flying the kite with the bar backwards, instead of where it all started; relaunching the kite with the bar upside down which is how tons of people do it.

The rest of this "divisive nonsense" as you call it, is all your doing. Even with the video staring you right in the face, you can't admit that technique is not a problem, and that any "intervention" on your part with someone using that technique is completely inappropriate. That's the real nonsense going on here. If you don't want to hash this out on the forum, then why not give me a phone call like a suggested in the e-mail I sent you at the start of this whole thing?

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Aug 12, 14 10:19 am     Reply with quote

My offer for a handshake or hug still stands.

D-Krep It Kiter

Since 18 Jul 2011
417 Posts

Obsessed

PostTue Aug 12, 14 10:35 am     Reply with quote

sromano1995 wrote:
My offer for a handshake or hug still stands.

Hey, I don't any problem with you as just another kiter... keep a respectable distance like you would anyone else, and don't interfere with other kiters that don't need your help. You obviously took this thread very personally. Sorry it obviously bothered you so much. I really just wanted to clarify any confusion from your post in the Sauvives Beginner thread, and point out that launch technique is not a problem. I sincerely hope you don't "jump on" someone and flip their bar around for them when they are trying to relaunch like in the video. I don't know, maybe that just has to happen for you to get a wake up call. Please don't try it with me or my friends is all I can ask. Other than that, hope all goes well for you and the Sauvie Crew.

sromano1995

Since 22 May 2013
240 Posts
Portland
Stoked

PostTue Aug 12, 14 10:54 am     Reply with quote

No worries Cal about me coming close to your bar and your real kiters friends. I would never have expected that you would put yourself in the early beginner category to which my comment and other thread was specifically addressed to.

Short of my proposed hug, I will wave to you from a safe distance next time I see you on the water and make sure that I crash and tomahawk, which I do a lot, far from your path...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: