Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Sometimes It Takes a Village: A Sporty Day in Hood Town

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
GraveyCorp

Since 16 Sep 2007
17 Posts

PostTue Jul 15, 14 11:21 am    Sometimes It Takes a Village: A Sporty Day in Hood Town Reply with quote

On today’s (7/14/14) episode of 'Spit Watch' a smartly helmeted kiter was yarded over the sand bar suffering a right forearm fracture. He was attended to by a crack team of competent physician kiter volunteers who did a great job with primary and secondary surveys, c-spine stabilization, airway protection and lending calm/expertise to an otherwise potentially scary situation. I’m proud of our community of hood town physician kiters who managed this situation for a seemingly long while pending EMS arrival.

Meanwhile down river, we all shared the joy as The Wind Buddha delivered an exceptionally sporty day with winds hitting 40mph and big glassy waves rolling down the corridor from the west. My kite skills got tested after moronic pilot error (on my part) led to loss of kite, board and devastatingly, music player failure. Special thanks to the great kiter Greg (?) on the retro Best gear who saved my ass (Sean, where were you?) and Ryan who saved my board. Here’s a big shout-out to all those who kite with vigilance and stand ready to step up when the call comes… because sometimes it take a village.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: