Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Experienced Kiteboarder:Airfare paid trip to Dominican

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
joshuakite

Since 20 Apr 2014
3 Posts

Kook

PostSun Apr 20, 14 12:53 am    Experienced Kiteboarder:Airfare paid trip to Dominican Reply with quote

Here's the deal - I won a trip to the Dominican Republic from a company that I work with and I'm extending it into a kiteboarding trip. I'm an intermediate flat-water kiter (can stay upwind) and looking for a more experienced kiteboarder to go with me.

The trip starts on June 4th. It's a 4 day all expense paid trip to Punta Cana Resort but I plan to extend that another 14 days or more to go to Cabarete since there's not typically wind in Punta Cana this time of year.

This is what is covered for free:
Airfare from US to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
4 days at a posh resort at Punta Cana including food, drinks, scuba diving, etc.

These are the expenses that will be shared with me 50%:
One way car rental from Punta Cana to Cabarete (about 4.5 hour drive) plus any other transportation costs that are needed
Accommodations in Cabarete for the 14+ days
Food & Other Incidentals

I will be choosing someone for this trip by Monday so this is a short term post. Message me for more details.
Thanks for reading my post! Very Happy

undertow

Since 15 Feb 2008
371 Posts
BeaversBurg
Obsessed

PostSun Apr 20, 14 6:55 am     Reply with quote

Sounds like an opening scene from a horror movie.

Bon Voyage Wave

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostSun Apr 20, 14 9:00 am     Reply with quote

undertow wrote:
Sounds like an opening scene from a horror movie.

Bon Voyage Wave

Right? Do I have to be a hot chick?

waynepjh

Since 27 Jul 2008
212 Posts
jackson wy
Stoked

PostSun Apr 20, 14 9:09 am     Reply with quote

I know josh an he is a good guy! I would be going on this trip with him but I just broke my leg. Sad

Scriffler

Since 03 Jul 2005
581 Posts
LYLE
Addicted

PostSun Apr 20, 14 10:10 am     Reply with quote

I'll go if you can fly me from Hawaii. Seems like if you are covering airfare you should just pay for everything. Also, definitely request that only hot chicks apply. On the other hand, a good wingman would be better. I am fluent in Spanish and I guarantee I can help you tune a different hot Dominican girl every night. Think about it.

wylieflyote

Since 30 Jun 2006
1634 Posts
Puget Sound & Wa. Coast
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 20, 14 12:08 pm     Reply with quote

Tempting
http://bit.ly/1r58xOE

joshuakite

Since 20 Apr 2014
3 Posts

Kook

PostSun Apr 20, 14 2:44 pm     Reply with quote

Thanks Wayne!

Yeah - this is definitely for real but since the guy that was gonna go bailed out just this week I've got this deadline to register for the trip by tomorrow. They'll start booking the flights after that with the travel agent.

If I had tons of extra cash I'd make it 100% free trip but this is still a damn good deal for someone to be able to explore a tropical kiting location and kite without a wetsuit.

PM me for my phone number if you want to talk about it.

joshuakite

Since 20 Apr 2014
3 Posts

Kook

PostSun Apr 20, 14 2:55 pm    This trip is real... Reply with quote

Just so you guys know - this isn't some crappy groupon deal or some garbage like that. The 4 day all expense paid part of this trip is at this place:
http://www.puntacana.com/

The rest of the trip is up to us to plan (I've already been working on that).

So there's no scams involved in this - I worked my ass off with the company that awarded me this trip and was among less than 50 people out of over 100,000 who won it.

If it wasn't in June there would be wind in Punta Cana so that's why to make this a kiteboarding adventure it requires a rental car and driving to Cabarete. Everyone I've talked to that's been to kite beach in Cab has told me it's well worth the drive.

kitesurf_puntacana452.jpg 

dangler

Since 26 Feb 2006
1744 Posts
WINDY SPOTS
XTreme Poster

PostSun Apr 20, 14 3:17 pm    Sweet! Reply with quote

Can I go?

5c7a4fcfa5d51d9d3f185a0f305e012d.jpg 

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Apr 20, 14 4:27 pm     Reply with quote

Sounds fun, I hope you find a good wingman. Don't forget to post a trip report!

Joshiebaby

Since 14 Oct 2007
569 Posts
Vancouver, WA
Addicted

PostSun Apr 20, 14 10:29 pm     Reply with quote

Just busting your balls man. Normally I would drop everything to go on a trip like this and would be avail.

I had a buddy one time who won a trip like this through work and went with him when his GF passport was expired. It was amazing. I think you are doing the right thing by posting on here and hope you find a good wingman.

smattiso

Since 22 May 2012
13 Posts

PostMon Apr 21, 14 3:47 pm     Reply with quote

This is an awesome offer. Wish I didn't have a damn job to schedule around or I would be down for sure. The DR is a really great place.

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue Apr 22, 14 5:43 am     Reply with quote

If I am going to have my organs harvested might as well get nice warm water wave sess in first!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eu2pBpQolKE

not on board

Since 08 May 2009
39 Posts
United States

PostFri Apr 25, 14 1:38 pm     Reply with quote

I would go if you could shorten the stay to say 8 days in Cabarette as I am going to Hawaii in Mid May for 2 weeks and will only have about 80 hours vacation time left over to draw on.
At my work, they do not let us have timeoff without pay(government job), otherwise I could do the whole 14 days.
Sounds like a good trip.

not on board

Since 08 May 2009
39 Posts
United States

PostFri Apr 25, 14 3:24 pm     Reply with quote

I would go if you could shorten the stay to say 8 days in Cabarette as I am going to Hawaii in Mid May for 2 weeks and will only have about 80 hours vacation time left over to draw on.
At my work, they do not let us have timeoff without pay(government job), otherwise I could do the whole 14 days.
Sounds like a good trip.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: