Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Question of the day: Is this "tindy"?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
ReeferMadness

Since 21 Apr 2005
32 Posts
Seattle

PostThu Jun 23, 05 8:37 am     Reply with quote

[quote="pkh"]

So do your big air, tindy, or slider, or slash your wave... but don't forget to have fun.

[quote]

I totally agree, throw tindy dangle airs till you are blue in the face if that's what get's you out of bed in the morning and keeps the stoke going!!!

If everybody just shows each other respect for each others style Wave riding or Free Stylin or dangling whatever it is then it's all good right???

Thumb's Up

carbine

PostThu Jun 23, 05 9:30 am     Reply with quote

G-Unit_kiter wrote:
Kitesailing- you are an embaresment to kiteboarding. You should stop kiting and windsurf. Perhaps why kiteboarding is like skateboarding and snowboarding because we ride a board. And it isnt sailing because we have a kite, not a sail. And no, kiter-cross doesent demonstrate kiteboarding because kiteboarding isnt lame.

no kitesurfing is sailing.

we go upwind we go downwind

We gybe. We tack.

Infact ,sailing has nothing to do with sails or infact wind, sailing is about moving across the water. Ever heard of the phrase "set sail" even with reference to non sailed powered ships?

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jun 23, 05 11:37 am     Reply with quote

Dont be stupid...

Think of it logically, we do not have a sail, we have a kite, how could we sail without a sail? So what you are trying to say is that when ever we do something that has to do with moving across water we are sailing. So I guess wakeboarding is sailing, so is riding a jet ski then. Wow I never new that a barge was sailing thats interesting.

The dictionary definition of SAILING is : The sport of operating or riding in a sailboat.

Hmmmmm....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Jun 23, 05 12:23 pm     Reply with quote

yeah but can you grab tindy on a jet ski?

Not to validate this argumant in any way but...I always like to say that I'm "going sailing". It just sound more dignified somehow than going kiting, or windsurfing (which I don't do anymore).

Plus a kite is very similar to the spinniker on a sailboat right? Just a matter of line length. Not that I like sailboats much (I get seasick pretty easily)

It's all good and you guys know it. (except tindy)

PostThu Jun 23, 05 1:09 pm     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
It just sound more dignified somehow than going kiting, or windsurfing (which I don't do anymore).

well, arent you just a self-richeous yuppie punk.

lance_k

Since 04 May 2005
561 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostThu Jun 23, 05 8:52 pm     Reply with quote

Quote:

well, arent you just a self-richeous yuppie punk..

hehe... Twisted Evil

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostFri Jun 24, 05 6:35 am     Reply with quote

Harsh you guys...me a yuppie? You must have seen me rollin in my el Slither-rad 92 Honda Accord...it IS pretty pimp, so I guess I can't blame you for player hatin.

PostFri Jun 24, 05 8:29 am     Reply with quote

hey man do not f with wind slither or your quads or back will be my new slider

PostFri Jun 24, 05 10:42 am     Reply with quote

Wind Slither wrote:
Harsh you guys...me a yuppie?

J/K,J/K Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: