Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

slingshot bar with waroo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSun Oct 29, 06 4:07 pm    slingshot bar with waroo Reply with quote

I know I have seen a post about this at the beginning of the season but didn't find it with search. Any of you have any luck modifying a 4 line slingshot bar to fly with a waroo???

thanks,
Scribble

kitetele

Since 20 Mar 2005
121 Posts
Portland, Oregon
Stoked

PostSun Oct 29, 06 5:26 pm    SS Bar and Waroo Reply with quote

That's all I have ever used....works fine. Adjust the stopper balls to give you the most throw on the center chicken loop line and you are good to go. There is always a little power in the kite but it keeps from an inversion from ever happening. The depower strap can be adjusted to accomodate the possible lack of range in the bar throw.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Oct 29, 06 5:28 pm     Reply with quote

With the '07 Link/Fuel bars out, there's really no need to modify anything. Gman's got his '06 Turbo Diesel bar modified to eliminate the pullies, and that's really all you need to do...

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Oct 29, 06 7:51 pm     Reply with quote

It might take you a bit to figure out the sweet spot for where you should hook up the rear lines on the kite. remember for waroo 06:

flapping, deforming = undersheeted, sheet-in, shorten rear lines

backstalling, not flying fast = oversheeted, sheet out, depower, lengthen rear lines

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSun Oct 29, 06 8:45 pm     Reply with quote

Where do you hook up the leash? I thought it was somewhere on the chickenloop. If so when using a Slingshot bar, when there is still a little power in the kite, where do you hook it up?

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostSun Oct 29, 06 8:56 pm     Reply with quote

In reality, you should just be able to connect it to the depower strap... That's doesn't give you "100% depower", but it should be enough for the average kiter. If you want nothing left in the kite, then you're going to have to run it off one of your center lines (or off one of the "Oh Shit" handles, should you modify or have a bar which has them - probably wouldn't recommend doing this on a flat kite though)... This is ALL assuming you're running a Turbo Diesel or '07 Link/Fuel bar.

Scribble

Since 18 Nov 2005
636 Posts
NoPo
Addicted

PostSun Oct 29, 06 9:00 pm     Reply with quote

probably gunna be on an 04 SS bar for now.

Kataku2k3

Since 14 Aug 2005
3753 Posts
Los Angeles, CA
Videographer

PostMon Oct 30, 06 1:54 am     Reply with quote

Are you going to modify the chicken loop on it so you have more bar sweep to depower, or just leave it factory? If you're leaving the entire center lines out, factory/stock... then you may want to look into a way of connecting a ring to one of your center lines (just as the Turbo Diesel bar is setup), and running your leash from it (for 100% depower). Otherwise your only other real option is to connect it to an "Oh shit" handle (and if it's a stock '04 bar, you only have one) and I don't know what that would do to an SLE kite...

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Oct 30, 06 8:37 am    Re: slingshot bar with waroo Reply with quote

Scribble wrote:
I know I have seen a post about this at the beginning of the season but didn't find it with search. Any of you have any luck modifying a 4 line slingshot bar to fly with a waroo???

thanks,
Scribble

call Wiley!

wileyski.com

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostWed Nov 01, 06 2:35 pm     Reply with quote

I used a slingshot bar on my waroo, the bar was modified by offdalip.com, and had a huge range, with the depower under the bar, right above the chickenloop. You can probably get a set of chickenloop rope and leaderlines for a good price. I know he has been modifying EH bars and selling them for a good price too. In principle all you have to do is to have enought throw on your chickenloop, and if you ad something, add the same on the back lines..so the lines are app. the same length. It is more important that the lines pair up.

Also remember that the SLE kites doesn't give you as much visual feedback as the C kites, so finding the sweet spot might be harder.

A.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: