Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostMon Oct 23, 06 12:14 am    Link Reply with quote

any Link-users can give me a good advice on this?Love the kite, have it in 5-line setup and 'm used ( for 4 years now) to relaunch my fuels with 5lines so... what am I doing wrong, I'm just pulling in the 5th line, and pulling on one end to get it to the side, sit up and relaunch, but kite was just flapping and doing everything except relaunching, water was choppy (very) wind 22 kts and kite pumped to 10 psi... anyone?

thealohakid

Since 09 Aug 2006
58 Posts
MAUI

PostMon Oct 23, 06 1:07 am    aloha! Reply with quote

I was flying my dad's 7 link a few weeks ago and i found that the fifth line would get caught in the cleat as i was trying to relaunch. the kite would flutter and shake all over. all this would stop and the kite would fly great once i let out some slack on the fifth line. i don't know but maybe this helps

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostMon Oct 23, 06 9:48 am     Reply with quote

I demo'd one without the 5th line but i think it would relaunch the same way.

I just yarded on one outside line and it pulled itself right out of the water.

borely

Since 05 Jul 2006
23 Posts
MN

PostMon Oct 23, 06 12:49 pm     Reply with quote

pphone aloha kid has point make sure the kite is tuned right 5th line not tight and making sure the depower strap is adjusted proprly also is helpful.But as pdxMonkiboi stated just pull on the outside line and every link I use flips right over once its over give it a little frontline tensoin to help it up if it needs.

kiteboard117

Since 02 Mar 2005
450 Posts
PDX
McLovin

PostMon Oct 23, 06 1:51 pm     Reply with quote

the 5th line isnt really there to relaunch its more usefull as a leash and for self landing. just pulling one back line works for me as long as the kite has power. if it doesnt seem to want to flip cleat in a foot or two on the fith line and try the backline again it should flip into position.

parlophone

Since 07 Aug 2006
14 Posts

PostMon Oct 23, 06 11:34 pm     Reply with quote

thanx guys! gonna try this next time, as I said apart from this I'm really lovin' this kite!

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostTue Oct 24, 06 1:21 pm     Reply with quote

Yeah like Tucker said the great thing about the link and other bow kites is that to relaunch it you dont need the fifth line at all. When it crashes you just gotta pull a rear line and it will relaunch quick.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: