Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Guest Postings?
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  

Should guest postings be allowed?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 9 ]
No
71%
 71%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 32

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostSun Jun 19, 05 6:48 am    Guest Postings? Reply with quote

Hey guys what do you think about guest postings? Should we let people post annonymously without logging in?
Last edited by pkh on Mon Jun 27, 05 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

tonski

Since 11 Jun 2005
332 Posts
NW Portland
Obsessed

PostSun Jun 19, 05 7:15 am     Reply with quote

Dax, it sure would add some accountability to the rare but present "sickos" and you'd have to spend less time removing posts with inappropriate attacks, etc. It's so easy to register...I vote disallow guest posts.

KiteKarl

Since 02 Mar 2005
213 Posts
Stockton, California
Stoked

PostSun Jun 19, 05 9:15 pm     Reply with quote

Accountablility would keep the dipshit factor down. Rolling Eyes

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 20, 05 9:53 am     Reply with quote

Looks like the "No's" are winning by a pretty good margin, anyone on the "Yes" side care to offer their opinion?

F%#@'n Guest

PostMon Jun 20, 05 10:10 am     Reply with quote

so now I have to create a seperate account for each of my personalities....great!! Rolling Eyes

kazi

Since 02 May 2005
19 Posts

PostMon Jun 20, 05 10:13 am     Reply with quote

Just kiddin..that was me Thumb's Up

i voted no

bdc8622

Since 31 May 2005
74 Posts
PDX

PostMon Jun 20, 05 11:18 am    1st Amendment Reply with quote

Although I have never responded to any of the postings, I do get a chuckle out of bickering among postings from time to time. Sometimes it seems like there is a bunch of children with nothing to do. I ask this one question: Why do you care so much if someone posts something so insanely irrational. It's the 1st amendment and there are much bigger items in the world to worry about.

Let them post, laugh with amusement and move on to something more important...... Like what time you can get out of your 9-5 job and go kiting.

Cool

Brian

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostMon Jun 20, 05 4:53 pm     Reply with quote

Brian -
I think sometimes it literally is children... sometimes its adult arguing with people they don't even know are friends because they all are logged in as "Guest"

My main problem is when somebody is logged in a guest and they insult someone who is logged in as themself. Flaming from the shadows is cowardly and pointless.

I do like the "rumour mill" aspect of guest postings though... people are usually a little more willing to leak info than they would if they had to come clean with who they are. Smile

We could have another forum thats lets guests posts...

Rico

Since 13 Mar 2005
1219 Posts
Vancouver
Photographer

PostMon Jun 20, 05 7:57 pm    Yes, for guest postings! Reply with quote

I think getting rid of the guest posting discourages new people from posting and also eliminates an open line of communication to the kiting community. It is nice to know that if people have a problem with the kiting community they can express their views easily. I think eliminating the guest posting only puts up barriers in communication or walls between outsiders and us.

Maybe you should change the name from guest to something like “Unregistered Idiot” or something a little nicer, but not by much.

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2570 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostTue Jun 21, 05 5:39 am     Reply with quote

I voted yes...let freedom ring!

PostTue Jun 21, 05 9:58 am     Reply with quote

Could be that those flaming from the shadows are people you know and have logged on as a guest just to stir the pot.

PostTue Jun 21, 05 10:03 pm    Re: 1st Amendment Reply with quote

bdc8622 wrote:
Although I have never responded to any of the postings, I do get a chuckle out of bickering among postings from time to time. Sometimes it seems like there is a bunch of children with nothing to do. I ask this one question: Why do you care so much if someone posts something so insanely irrational. It's the 1st amendment and there are much bigger items in the world to worry about.

Let them post, laugh with amusement and move on to something more important...... Like what time you can get out of your 9-5 job and go kiting.

Cool

Brian

If the guest posting is disallowed I will never post here agian. PERIOD.

PostTue Jun 21, 05 10:07 pm    Re: 1st Amendment Reply with quote

Quote:

Matter of fact I am done contribuiting until guest status is no longer in peril.

PostTue Jun 21, 05 10:29 pm    Re: 1st Amendment Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

Matter of fact I am done contribuiting until guest status is no longer in peril.

I didn't write this, but you gotta admit you got a little chuckle out of this. PLEASE ALLOW GUESTS

PostThu Jun 23, 05 6:50 am     Reply with quote

Hey you, forum pitbull - let the guests be. We already have a bush on the white house lawn trying to remove our rights. Besides, it keeps things interesting. I crave the multiple page postings of tit for tat.

Do like the other forums and discontinue the thread if it gets ugly. Fokiten has the record out there in kite forum land,,, any surprize there?

trevorsmith

Since 25 Apr 2005
501 Posts
PDX
Addicted

PostThu Jun 23, 05 6:56 am     Reply with quote

In the forums that I belong to, they allow guest to read postings etc, but require a login to reply and make new posts. Not sure why this is a big deal for kiters to create a login and password if they want to make posts/replies

Now if pkh starts selling our info to marketing firms so he can buy a new quiver than I may have a problem with it Wink

PostThu Jun 23, 05 9:16 am     Reply with quote

Bush in office is the only reason the "dirt eaters" haven't taken away our access to public lands.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: