Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Women's Kiteboarding Association

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Sep 07, 06 8:41 am    Women's Kiteboarding Association Reply with quote

Ok so I am kind of bummed. I sent my $37 membership fee to WKA back on 08/08/06 and have not heard anything from them. I sent them a email last week and then I tried to send one today and it will not go through. I also talked to two of my other friends who are having the same problem with WKA. Anyone else having this problem? Should I file a complant with paypal?
Last edited by Bettyboarder on Thu Sep 07, 06 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jessie - KA

Since 31 Aug 2006
9 Posts

Kook

PostThu Sep 07, 06 9:56 am     Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat.
I haven't received the shirt nor a response or even the info about the supposed sbc magazine subscription we're getting?
what's the deal?

:: kitesurfari locations: brazil, venezuela, vietnam, thailand, greece, sardinia, (+ more) ::

kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostThu Sep 07, 06 10:37 am     Reply with quote

yeah, what the hell!?!? I was supposed to get all the phone numbers of all the hottie kiter guys in the hood...I am canceling right now!

I feel so used Sad

jp

Since 04 Mar 2005
87 Posts
wherever there are whitecaps

PostThu Sep 07, 06 12:24 pm     Reply with quote

heyya,,

I joined last Dec (?)....all I can say is it took 4_EVER for them to respond....I mean i was so bothered I even posted something on kiteforum after 6 weeks of no response with emails, etc...

Anyway, to let you know ...everything worked out good....

Keep the faith kitesistahs....(if they don't do good)..we're letting the air ouuta their leading edge !! Cool

jp ( as in kiter) Wink

mystrygrl

Since 07 Sep 2006
95 Posts
PDX/HR - What day is it?

PostThu Sep 07, 06 2:25 pm    me too... Reply with quote

Ya... me too... signed up back in May but still waiting for t-shirt and other info... have gotten a few very pleasant emails in response when I've inquired -- troubles with address showing up via paypal -- which I thought we took care of -- but, as of today, I still have received nothing but a few emails. Some kinks in the system I suppose.

I am actually quite happy to make a $$ donation to the kite-sisterhood -- just didn't realize that is what I was doing at the time I signed up. Hopefully it will all turn out well in the end.

See y'all out their in the water/sky.

tonia

Since 15 Jun 2005
209 Posts
The Gorge
Stoked

PostThu Sep 07, 06 3:14 pm    WKA Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

Tonia here from the WKA. Wow what a thread. Viral marketing at its best (or worst?)! I just wanted to reply to this thread and introduce myself... I hope no one feels ripped off, and want to make sure no one feels ripped off. I appreciate everyone's comments and open-ness.

First of all, in answer to your question, Bettyboarder, about your membership -- were you at our clinic that weekend? Because we have a number of gals down who received their WKA packages at our clinic in Hood River, but paid online. We gave many of the women packages (with t-shirts and magazines) simply on the honor system that they would pay online, hence your name may have been in this group from PayPal. If not, please let me know and I'll get your package out to you, no problem. Feel free to contact me offline as well if you have specific questions: tonia@womenskiteboarding.com or call me at 541-490-9621. Stacy is also available too: stacy@womenskiteboarding.com.

The WKA was founded by Stacy Lowery and I about a year ago to provide a channel for more women to comfortably enter the sport and find other women to learn and progress with. Without any financial support, we have spent our own time and money to get it off the ground, proud and excited that we could do something with nothing. Stacy and I both have full-time jobs, which creates a challenge in committing as much time as we would like in the WKA. Although we've been talking about having someone step in to do WKA fulltime, it's not realistic financially.

We are aiming to put on clinics that are either free or very affordable to get into the sport, so membership dollars contribute to WKA's ability to achieve this. Insurance, port/beach/event fees, travel, gear, etc.. are all very expensive, and we aim to keep costs down so we can get more girls involved.

The organization is very grass-roots, to the point where the majority of our role lies in simply supporting, assisting, and motivating other women on the beach on any given day. For anyone who has waited to receive their t-shirt, I apologize. We'll get it out asap. For any of you who would like to volunteer so that we can get memberships processed faster, or help with a future clinic, please email me!

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to call me: tonia, 541-490-9621 or you can catch me kiting in the Gorge quite frequently.

Thanks from the Gals at WKA,

Tonia & Stacy

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostThu Sep 07, 06 4:42 pm     Reply with quote

Tonia,

Thanks for the response, I will send you a email. I think it's awesome that you guys started the WKA and I would be willing to volunteer and help you guys out. I was not at the clinic, it was a little to beginner for me. I look forward to attending future WKA events.

Thanks,
Nicole

Bettyboarder

Since 18 Mar 2005
1823 Posts
PDX/ White Salmon
Mrs. Site Lackey

PostFri Sep 08, 06 7:24 am     Reply with quote

Tonia,

The emails above don't work. I am going to send you a pm though this forum.

Thanks,
Nicole

tonia

Since 15 Jun 2005
209 Posts
The Gorge
Stoked

PostFri Sep 08, 06 7:33 am     Reply with quote

Hi Nicole,

The emails do work -- I got your email this morning! Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: