Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

14M Waroo experience?
Page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostFri Jul 28, 06 8:54 am     Reply with quote

SS definately makes a burly kite. When I was learning I beat the living piss out of my fuel. Never had an issue, not one.

Sometimes in the race for performance I think the kite manufacturers error a little too much on the lightweight side. I dunno.

Bottom line though, any new kite is going to be good enough for 95% of the riders out there.

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 28, 06 9:06 am     Reply with quote

Chimpy speaking of kite hooker, i would say its about time for you to get off that hook, as in UNHOOK!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostFri Jul 28, 06 10:12 am     Reply with quote

Hey Ian,

Josh throws some of the biggest baddest meanest unhooked kite loops I have ever witnessed at Stevenson... Couple of weeks ago he threw one 15 feet up and it was no wimpy fishing pole model either. Fully laid out, hands at ten and two, unhooked monster that I thought was going to put him halfway to Home Valley.

Right now Josh is nursing a pretty beat up shoulder from a sandbar impact, and is still working on getting dialed on the BOWS... Rumor has it that he is sticking some blind to blind stuff.

Now Josh... Time for some handle pass stuff eh??? Like those Gucci boots as well... Gots much better images for yours and Cabrinas eyes!!!

Bams

PS: Good to see Dylan out riding on a regular basis at Stevensburg as well. Super stylie flat threes a couple of nights ago when Semlor and one of the top camera pros from the Oregonian (forgot his name... Freddie maybe???) out shooting. There was also another young gun on Slingshot that buzzed me with some super nice raleys. Hey Shey, I also got a nice image of you.

J.P.

Since 10 Mar 2005
638 Posts

Addicted

PostFri Jul 28, 06 10:51 am     Reply with quote

bambam wrote:
Couple of weeks ago he threw one 15 feet up and it was no wimpy fishing pole model either. Fully laid out, hands at ten and two, unhooked monster that I thought was going to put him halfway to Home Valley.

Very Happy

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jul 28, 06 11:56 am     Reply with quote

Bam you gonna be up there tonight? I got some new stuff for ya Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jul 31, 06 9:42 am     Reply with quote

Ian,

Excellent... I should be shooting at either Stevenson or the Sandbar two of the evenings this week. Tonight I am going home to take care of some around the house chores that I have been neglecting...all summer.

See ya Friday at Stevensburg for the media day for sure...

Jon

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Jul 31, 06 10:05 am     Reply with quote

Oh yeah and bambam I know josh and was just giving him crap, thats normally wat those comments i make on this forum are, so people dont take what i say seriously!

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostMon Jul 31, 06 10:31 am     Reply with quote

Ian,

Gotta say that your posts recently have been much better my friend... Its fine to poke fun at ourselves and others, as long as we keep it light.

Congratulations with Slingshot, and just know that all us Naish guys only wish you the best. In fact with you and Dylan styling the Slingy, Josh about to roll with Cabrina, and Chambers most likely going to work something out with Naish... It is awesome to see all you local "punks" out killing it, and hopefully one of you guys will pop onto the national scene soon.

Train hard, kite large, and good luck at the Bridge...

Jon

skydiveblake

Since 28 Jun 2006
63 Posts
San Diego

PostMon Jul 31, 06 5:38 pm    nice shirt Reply with quote

Who dresses Josh these days?

Does everyone realize that last summer Josh had the nickname Biff? That shirt kind of clinches it, again...

Griff_miester

Since 26 Jun 2006
28 Posts
Stevenson Wa

PostThu Aug 03, 06 8:53 am     Reply with quote

what are you trying to say blake, ya old man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: