Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Getting Hurt Sucks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostTue Jun 20, 06 8:12 am    Getting Hurt Sucks Reply with quote

I had the misfortune of dislocating my shoulder (for the 3rd time) at Stevenson yesterday. Big thanks to Jim, Kyle, Sky, and everyone else that helped make a bad situation a little easier.
Last edited by pacifichigh on Tue Jun 20, 06 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Gman

Since 11 Feb 2006
4907 Posts
Portland
Unstrapped

PostTue Jun 20, 06 8:22 am     Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that, totally sucks, feel better and heal up.

pkh

Since 27 Feb 2005
6548 Posts
Couve / Hood
Site Lackey

PostTue Jun 20, 06 8:42 am     Reply with quote

That sucks big time Shay, were you not able to reset your shoulder? My shoulder dislocates (subluxes really) every now and then and it usually hurts like hell but I can get it back in after a couple seconds. Then its really sore for a couple of days, but not so bad.

It really sucks when it happens for something stupid like reaching for something.

Kiting strengthened it a bit, but I have popped it out a few times kiting as well.

Are you off the water for a while? Maybe you, Tom, and Roger can form a support group for injured kiters. Confused

bambam

Since 15 Mar 2005
760 Posts
Hood River
Photographer

PostTue Jun 20, 06 8:46 am     Reply with quote

Bummer Shay...

Fed your dog lots of PBR last night. Went to work this morning and she was still stumbling around the block...

Anyway take care and let Kyle and me know what to do with the pooch...

Adios, Jon

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostTue Jun 20, 06 9:37 am     Reply with quote

That sucks for sure. Lots of Advil, glucosamine, and rest. You'll be back in no time!!

blowhard

Since 26 Dec 2005
2025 Posts

Windward

PostTue Jun 20, 06 9:59 am    whoops Reply with quote

dude,
does this make our spot safer?

pjc

Since 06 Mar 2005
649 Posts

Addicted

PostTue Jun 20, 06 11:05 am     Reply with quote

john - i think shay dislocated his shoulder *at* our spot a few years ago. this was back when you and j curtis and coos bay crew were all doing the whiskey beach thing. i didn't witness it but i think the previous incident was a windy day but not something that would have kept the current line-up off the water.

my condolences shay. i hear the testosterene boost from lots of sex promotes healing (it is worth a try anyway)

archkiter

Since 18 Dec 2005
32 Posts
p-town

PostWed Jun 21, 06 6:07 pm     Reply with quote

getting hurt does suck! Sorry to hear about your shoulder. I tore/ ruptured my ACL- (ligament in the knee for those that don't know) back in March (kitelandboarding on the coast) and just had reconstructive surgery. Evil or Very Mad I've got a long recovery ahead now doc says 6-9 months before my knee will be "normal" again Crying or Very sad Anyway I feel your pain- hope that you are back out kiting soon.

dkite

Since 21 May 2006
14 Posts

PostWed Jun 21, 06 9:32 pm     Reply with quote

I dislocate my shoulder also. I've done it three time since my surgery,, but its pretty good now. If want more information about it (or other injuries) check out this site. www.ofc-oregon.com Under "patient education", there is a whole wack of info on sports injuries. Get your shoulder really strong, stronger than its ever been, that's my advice.

registered

Since 12 Jul 2005
1319 Posts
tsunami
Sandbagger

PostWed Jun 21, 06 9:59 pm     Reply with quote

When your feeling better you can come down and catch our kites for some P.T.... natures hydrotherapy is one nasty plan. Give me a call if you need any help with the boat or anything. ouch, hope you entertained your anesthesis with some tales... while feeling fiiiiiiiiiiiiineeeeeeeeeee, was that my shoulder, mmmmmmmmmm, ouch. 6-8 week vacation for the ion. sorry dude. the gorge launches are dicy for that rather than the sand every where you end up coast hope the struggle wasn't too bad and thanks to all that helped the brother out. Sad

pacifichigh

Since 11 May 2005
1004 Posts
ATX
Texan

PostFri Jun 23, 06 1:45 pm     Reply with quote

I just saw the Doc and he said nothing is f*cked up, back on the water in another 3 weeks. Pppphhhheeeewwwwww!

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostFri Jun 23, 06 2:10 pm     Reply with quote

Great news Man!! you'll be shredding again in no time Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: