Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Spots for Beginners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dkite

Since 21 May 2006
14 Posts

PostWed Jun 21, 06 9:40 pm    Spots for Beginners Reply with quote

Where are all the spots you suggest for beginners? I have been going to Sauvie's and feel pretty comfortable there as a beginner. The wind opposite to the current helps a lot. I've been told Jones beach is the same, but gusty winds and big boats make it a little tougher. Are there any other spots that are forgiving to the beginner?

Wind Slither

Since 04 Mar 2005
2575 Posts
The 503
METAL

PostThu Jun 22, 06 9:42 am     Reply with quote

If you search this forum on "beginner" or "learning" you will find a ton of ideas! Have fun!

pdxmonkeyboy

Since 16 May 2006
6081 Posts
forever labled as the
retired kiter & motorhead Unicorn Master

PostThu Jun 22, 06 9:52 am     Reply with quote

The safest spot would be at home on the counch. Laughing

Just kidding, Sauvies is great, and the sandbar can be good as well as long as your safe and courteous. Jones beach would be good as well. A little gusting and boat traffic will make you a more confident boarder.

Have fun and if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask someone!

jdk

Since 21 Dec 2005
333 Posts

Obsessed

PostThu Jun 22, 06 10:09 am     Reply with quote

Downwinders at Sunset beach allow you to stay on the inside. i had my first days out there. walking back to the car is not ideal, but it works. having two cars would be the way to go, plus then you can kite with a buddy. if you are heading out there on a weekend, feel free to PM me to coordinate the two car thing

John K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: