Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Marina Open to kiting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Slipin Lizard

Since 23 Sep 2005
88 Posts
Hood River, Oregon

PostThu Jun 15, 06 9:16 pm    Marina Open to kiting? Reply with quote

At the Event Site today, I was told by a pretty reliable source that the Port of Hood River has decided to open up the Marina to kiteboarding. I thought I saw someone launching from there today too. Might be worth checking into, or perhaps someone out there knows the full/real story.

jahmbi

Since 28 Jul 2005
622 Posts
MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN
River Troll

PostThu Jun 15, 06 9:28 pm    marina Reply with quote

good for you all who live out there, hope it wont get out of control and be taken away!! you might need to elect a sherrif and a possy to keep tight leash on everyone ..good luck ,and stay safe....THE RIVER TROLL

Hein

Since 08 Mar 2005
1313 Posts

Possessed

PostThu Jun 15, 06 10:18 pm     Reply with quote

and leave your dog at home

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostThu Jun 15, 06 10:37 pm     Reply with quote

If thats true thats fucken tight, I havent heard that yet, someone with inside info should tell us the truth.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kristine

Since 23 Apr 2006
15 Posts
Portland

PostFri Jun 16, 06 6:10 am     Reply with quote

I was at the meeting and the decision was...that it will be considered but has to be approved by the board of directors, at their next meeting, around July 11th.

eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 16, 06 8:40 am     Reply with quote

NO! NO! NO! NOT YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just chill, as we are working on this. Launching now will screw it up. I know it's hard to deal with the water right now, but please wait.

Thanks,
Eric

sherrybohn

Since 16 Jun 2006
71 Posts

PostFri Jun 16, 06 8:41 am    Kiting @ the Marina Reply with quote

There is NO launching or landing allowed at this time athe the Marina Beach. The Waterfront Advisory Committee will send it's recommendations to the full Port Commission and as decision will be made ASAP....but for now it is still off limits and illegal

Inept_Fun

Since 14 Apr 2005
1417 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 16, 06 10:47 am     Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification Cohn, I wasnt planning on launching there until I got an official word on it. It sounds like the first CGKA went well I will for sure be attending the next one!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eric

Since 13 Jan 2006
1804 Posts

XTreme Poster

PostFri Jun 16, 06 11:19 am     Reply with quote

Cool Ian! Actually, my "NO...."" was not directed to anyone in particular, just a general head's up to everyone. I think that it will be great to have you in the CGKA. YOU are the new generation in this sport, and many do, and will look up to you for tips, advice, and just general stoke on the sport. I wish I could throw half the stuff you do!

EC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: