Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2 days of wind
Page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Feb 19, 23 8:00 am    2 days of wind Reply with quote

Starting to "Practice" for this upcoming season's VTI Wind Report.

Classic day on tap today. West winds already blowing hard, ave 32 at Viento at 7:45 am and windy all the way to Idaho this morning with the Wall at ave 24 20g28 from a perfect 224 degrees. Lyle to Doug's will go off today gusting to 35-40 by 4pm with temps up to 52*

If anybody cares about me doing MY wind reports again this upcoming season ..with my personal take on conditions... and a daily picture of the view from Lyle, please give a thumbs up or comment. Kinda polling the "tribe".

It's alot of work to get it right, only perfect practice makes perfect... I'm starting now... and keeping track. Thanks VTI

ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostSun Feb 19, 23 4:35 pm     Reply with quote

yes please!

doogie

Since 16 Oct 2013
12 Posts
White Salmon, WA

PostSun Feb 19, 23 6:24 pm     Reply with quote

Yes please!

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4203 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Feb 19, 23 11:07 pm     Reply with quote

Yes please!

knotwindy

Since 25 Sep 2011
598 Posts

Addicted

PostMon Feb 20, 23 6:12 am     Reply with quote

Yes, please & thank you.

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostMon Feb 20, 23 6:42 am    Thanks everyone! Reply with quote

OK, Starting to sound like a go. I'm polling "the tribe". I want to provide an accurate.. short..and to the point wind/water condition(swell) forecast for us. Ya, I'm probably gonna take up wing foiling (If I can find a cheap board, I have the foils etc, hint hint)... and keep on windsurfing, kiting, wingboarding, and maybe even windsurf foiling and/or kite-foiling too...as I want to personally experience all the various endeavors done here in the Gorge to be able to nail conditions for the best "Tool for the Job". Last year was alot of work.. I showed my stuff... up at 5am every day , building my personal forecast model that I know works...issuing a morning forecast.. then backing it up at noon with another picture.

Also want to hear from the Coast warriors... if anyone out there cares to hear my take on ocean conditions. I know every inch of that coast. It takes way more time to forecast the coast accurately.

Bottom line is.... no donations....no report... I don't want to scramble for gas money this season. I'm on fixed income that's not adding up.I want to EARN your trust so you"ll WANT to donate because it's good.

Let me know , I'll be watching the replies and adding them up... gonna take at least a hundred.

You have options.. and you all have your method of finding the conditions you want. I hope I'm one of them... VTI victortheinflictor.com On your phone favorites

Marcus O

Since 30 May 2018
98 Posts

PostMon Feb 20, 23 8:49 am     Reply with quote

Yes please! I read your wind report daily and found it to be very accurate. Thank you for all the hard work you put into it last season Smile

swimswim

Since 21 Sep 2022
7 Posts
Salem
Kook

PostMon Feb 20, 23 10:03 am     Reply with quote

Yes, please! Where/how to donate?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ldhr

Since 21 Jul 2009
1471 Posts
Hood River
XTreme Poster

PostMon Feb 20, 23 11:56 am     Reply with quote

swimswim wrote:
Yes, please! Where/how to donate?

https://victortheinflictor.com/

Scroll down until you see the link for Paypal and Venmo.

Windian

Since 28 Apr 2008
882 Posts
Newport, OR
NEWPORT OG

PostMon Feb 20, 23 11:57 am     Reply with quote

Bring it on Victor! Always entertaining to read your take on wind and weather for the day or days to come.

Very Happy

McLovin

Since 11 Sep 2017
278 Posts
Corbett
Obsessed

PostMon Feb 20, 23 1:27 pm    Another BIG YES Reply with quote

Thanks Victor - keep the STOKE coming...

Mc

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostTue Feb 21, 23 8:44 am     Reply with quote

yes!

Sasquatch

Since 09 Mar 2005
2060 Posts
PNW
Bigfoot

PostTue Feb 21, 23 9:47 am    Por favor Reply with quote

Si!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostWed Feb 22, 23 4:54 am    Feeling it! Thanks... need feedback Reply with quote

Yo Tribe- Thanks so much for the feedback! Keep it coming.There's no reason to miss good conditions for whatever you do and where and when you want to do it. I'm dialing in my forecast models. Getting me stoked to do it again better.Also thinking of installing a live webcam like the Pistol River Cam on Surfchek? (check it out). It's not cheap but the best Coast Cam.
The south coast sailors/kiters/surfers all pitched in to buy it (hint hint) to save gas...time...and the planet. Something that needs to start happening here. A local tech savvy sailor set it up. It's really cool and gives a better look than being there! (And I used to live there, at that house). He'll do that for me on my deck.. and set up a zoomable cam looking west from Lyle and panning east through the narrows to a close up of Rowena.

If donations start coming in now, however small, they'll add up...I'll stash those funds until they add up to the cost. Then it will be OUR webcam and you folks will have made it happen! Location.. Location .. Location! A live picture is worth a thousand forecast babble words. Even from me! Thanks, VTI

tinyE

Since 21 Jan 2006
2004 Posts
not really an
XTreme Poster

PostWed Feb 22, 23 8:54 am    Re: Feeling it! Thanks... need feedback Reply with quote

Inflictor wrote:
Yo Tribe- Thanks so much for the feedback! Keep it coming.There's no reason to miss good conditions for whatever you do and where and when you want to do it. I'm dialing in my forecast models. Getting me stoked to do it again better.Also thinking of installing a live webcam like the Pistol River Cam on Surfchek? (check it out). It's not cheap but the best Coast Cam.
The south coast sailors/kiters/surfers all pitched in to buy it (hint hint) to save gas...time...and the planet. Something that needs to start happening here. A local tech savvy sailor set it up. It's really cool and gives a better look than being there! (And I used to live there, at that house). He'll do that for me on my deck.. and set up a zoomable cam looking west from Lyle and panning east through the narrows to a close up of Rowena.

If donations start coming in now, however small, they'll add up...I'll stash those funds until they add up to the cost. Then it will be OUR webcam and you folks will have made it happen! Location.. Location .. Location! A live picture is worth a thousand forecast babble words. Even from me! Thanks, VTI

hey mr inflictor... venmo wants the last 4 of your phone. can you please pm it to me? thanks!

gtm

Since 04 Jul 2005
35 Posts

PostSun Feb 26, 23 7:35 am     Reply with quote

Your forecasts and enthusiasm are much appreciated. I know what you are doing is not easy. Thank you!

Inflictor

Since 17 Aug 2013
146 Posts

Stoked

PostSun Feb 26, 23 9:18 am    sample report today on victortheinflictor.com Reply with quote

Check my website today. Had the urge to forecast today's "conditions". VTI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: