Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

water helmet for land based sports?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
hobbsla

Since 28 Jan 2006
389 Posts

Obsessed

PostSat Aug 13, 22 4:14 pm    water helmet for land based sports? Reply with quote

Just curious. I love my mystic MK8 and I was wondering if anyone gives their water helmets double duty for land based sports? Like land kiting or skating or that sort of thing. Wondering about impact resistance and such. I'm sure its better than no helmet at all lol.

Thanks

ezryder111

Since 24 Dec 2012
131 Posts
SE Portland
Stoked

PostMon Aug 15, 22 1:00 am     Reply with quote

I've used my NRS water helmet lots of times for E-skateboard missions around Portland and, as you've said, better than nothing. Only had one crash and didn't really hit my head but I was glad to have the dome protection. My elbow however took about a 6 weeks to heal Confused

Slappysan

Since 13 Jun 2012
308 Posts

Obsessed

PostMon Aug 15, 22 9:33 am     Reply with quote

Most water helmets are not EPS foam and thus far inferior for land based impact activities. You want a helmet that breaks instead of your head, water helmets generally just dull the impact a bit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: