Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Kailua Bound!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostSat Jun 16, 07 3:09 pm    Kailua Bound!!! Reply with quote

Joanne and I are sitting on a NWA plane right now waiting to go to Honolululu! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (Last minute decision...) Alex, If you read this, see you tomorow and Monday!

I'll try and post pics. (Mostly of other people, as pics of me kiteboarding aren't exactly awe inspiring! Very Happy )

Nak

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostSun Jun 17, 07 1:48 am     Reply with quote

Hey, today was epic riding for 6 straight. When it got too dark we had to go back in.... Tomorrow should be really good, so see you at the beach Smile

I'll bring a volleyball net too, so if there is no wind we can play some beach volleyball. Smile

hmm, lloking at the wind report..there will be a lot of good days coming our way Smile

A.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostSun Jun 17, 07 11:56 pm     Reply with quote

Hey Alex! where were you today? The wind was OK early, but pretty fluky in the afternoon. Looks like it got better after, but we were partying at Duke's by then... See you tomorrow?

Nak

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostTue Jun 19, 07 11:13 am     Reply with quote

Mean there is so much going on at work these days...and I am moving so I have been tied up. Unless it is almost epic I will not make it Sad

People called me saying it was fluky so didn't make the trip over....I hope to get out either today or Thursday...if it's windy....damn forecast...

Alex

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 19, 07 11:30 am     Reply with quote

Not much in the way of pics, The travel wind gods are still pissed at me for some unknown reason... Crying or Very sad

The first one I just thought was a cool pic for an amateur.

Second one is everyone ending up downwind because of light winds. (Surfboards could stay upwind, but I've never seen a Glide out here?)

Last Pic shows Kite beach here. On a busy day there are people launching & landing Kayaks, windsurfers and Kites. There are beginner & experienced Kiteboarders and windsurfers, all launching from the same small area. Sunbathers & swimmers are everywhere. Kiteboarders remain 200 feet or more from shore unless launching or landing. Everyone is friendly and lends a hand when needed. Even windsurfers who don't kite have learned to launch and land kites... It seems like a nuthouse at peak times, but it all works very well. Kudos to the Oahu Kiteboarders who have fought to keep this spot open & safe! Very Happy (I wonder if there are any spots in the Gorge that might consider the success of Kailua?)

Nak

IMG_1929 (Medium).JPG 
   IMG_1930 (Medium).JPG 
   IMG_1908 (Medium).JPG 

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 19, 07 12:10 pm     Reply with quote

tautologies wrote:
Mean there is so much going on at work these days...and I am moving so I have been tied up. Unless it is almost epic I will not make it Sad

People called me saying it was fluky so didn't make the trip over....I hope to get out either today or Thursday...if it's windy....damn forecast...

Alex

Sorry to have missed you. It was definitely not epic... Kind of weird, the wind on the beach was stronger than the wind outside. Lots of extreme lulls out on the water, especially if you get sucked downwind. We'll be back at the end of July, and I am definitely bringing my Glide! (If I bring it, the wind will be strong enough that I won't need it. Kind of an offering to the wind gods! Very Happy )

Joanne says "Hi!" and can't wait to meet your new bride!. (Me too. Very Happy )

Nak

Mark

Since 20 Jun 2005
3678 Posts
I need my fix because I'm a
Naishaholic

PostTue Jun 19, 07 12:13 pm     Reply with quote

cool pics! I like the first one!

Hope you can break your jinx.
Mark

www.naishkites.com

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostTue Jun 19, 07 12:40 pm     Reply with quote

tautologies wrote:

Alex

Sorry to have missed you. It was definitely not epic... Kind of weird, the wind on the beach was stronger than the wind outside. Lots of extreme lulls out on the water, especially if you get sucked downwind. We'll be back at the end of July, and I am definitely bringing my Glide! (If I bring it, the wind will be strong enough that I won't need it. Kind of an offering to the wind gods! Very Happy )

Nak

Gorilla Pete

Since 20 Jun 2007
3 Posts
No Po
Kook

PostWed Jun 20, 07 8:51 am     Reply with quote

I grew up on Kailua beach, but haven't been back since I was a little kid. It's amazing the memories those pics bring back: sailing out to the bumpy island in pic 3 for 4th of July on our Hobie 14, watching windsurfers get rad on the beach, swimming out to the flat egg shaped island, sand castles, spear fishing... Now, to think of it as a kite destination; what a way to go home!

I need to book that trip. This haole boy needs a sunburn.

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4233 Posts
Camas
Site Lackey

CGKA Member

PostWed Jun 20, 07 10:10 am     Reply with quote

[quote="Hope you can break your jinx.
Mark[/quote]

Thanks for the sentiment. I think I'm going to have to make a sacrifice to the wind gods. Nothing else has worked...

tautologies

Since 24 Aug 2006
602 Posts
Oahu
Addicted

PostWed Jun 20, 07 12:15 pm     Reply with quote

Nak wrote:
tautologies wrote:

Alex

Nak

hehe, she doesn't like wind too much..I am trying to get her into kiting and keep on buying kites for her (me). I heard the wind was really weird all over the Island..Moks had off shore in one second, and then dead, and then good winds the other second....

Let me know next time you guys come over. I hope I am not as swamped as now. Smile
Alex

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: