Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

Option spreader bar connection to harness?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostSun Jun 03, 18 9:37 am    Option spreader bar connection to harness? Reply with quote

I bought a new DaKine option spreader bar for my DaKine nitrous harness. It has a red click connection to work like a seatbelt. However the lines on the option spreader seem to get in the way, making it difficult to ‘clip into place.’ I am also worried about fraying the line due to friction during entry/exit. Anyone else have this issue? Ideas.

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostSun Jun 03, 18 9:44 am     Reply with quote

Here is a photo

5D3BF779-DFC0-43E5-9E13-63502EB20184.jpeg
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  5D3BF779-DFC0-43E5-9E13-63502EB20184.jpeg
 Filesize:  903.79 KB
 Downloaded:  610 Time(s)
 Note:  Use Pixlr to resize images to lower than 1024x768 resolution so they show up inline.

jiberus

PostSun Jun 03, 18 9:49 am    Re: Option spreader bar connection to harness? Reply with quote

markamcclure wrote:
I bought a new DaKine option spreader bar for my DaKine nitrous harness. It has a red click connection to work like a seatbelt. However the lines on the option spreader seem to get in the way, making it difficult to ‘clip into place.’ I am also worried about fraying the line due to friction during entry/exit. Anyone else have this issue? Ideas.

Had mine about a month and it is already fraying. So, that is a problem. It is also difficult to tighten the spectra lines on bar once you get to a certain point because you run out of room at once the lines stretch into place a bit. And, yes the clip is a pain to attach. I have found the best way is to completely loosen the straps on that side so you angle almost perpendicular to the spreader bar loop when you clip it in, then re-tighten the straps. They should have made the metal loop on the spreader bar a little larger, which would solve the clipping in problem and possibly the fraying problem as well.

Other than all that... I like it. haha

Electric Goat

Since 01 Aug 2014
7 Posts
Port Scandalous
Kook

PostSun Jun 03, 18 7:08 pm     Reply with quote

I had the same challenges with clipping in, so I took the clip off and flipped it upside down. Now it works well and clips in without loosening the straps. Shocked

markamcclure

Since 20 May 2011
164 Posts
Portland, OR
Stoked

PostMon Jun 04, 18 5:31 am     Reply with quote

Interesting idea.
No accidental release from pressure against harness while upside down? Prevents fraying?

Electric Goat

Since 01 Aug 2014
7 Posts
Port Scandalous
Kook

PostMon Jun 04, 18 6:06 am     Reply with quote

No accidental release yet with the buckle upside down or while I'm upside down.

I contacted Dakine to see if this is the way the buckle/clip was really supposed to be assembled.....they said no.

Well........this is the only way I've found to make it work efficiently. And it's easy to take off after the session.

I also took the fabric off of the slider/hook for less resistance.

And no fraying yet.

Very Happy

cn52x5hg

Since 21 May 2016
30 Posts

PostMon Jun 03, 19 7:28 pm     Reply with quote

Reviving a dormant thread.....I finally got around to installing an Option spreader bar I purchased late last season onto my Nitrous harness. When using this in the slider mode, do you remove the nylon/velcro cover that surrounds the actual sliding hook? It's clear I need to remove the strap that anchors the slider when you don't want it to slide, but wondering about the little cover over the hook, as it seems to add some friction into the equation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: