Northwest Kiteboarding
Forum | Classifieds | Lost & Found | CGKA | Industry | Sensors | Forecast | Spots | Seattle | Decals | RSS | Facebook

Events | Photos | Search | Register | Profile | Log in to check your messages | Log in 

2016 15m turbine line lengths off?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast
previous topic :: next topic  
dd676

Since 12 Jun 2016
7 Posts
Portland, OR
Kook

PostSat Jun 01, 19 9:22 pm    2016 15m turbine line lengths off? Reply with quote

Disclaimer: most likely this is newbie user error! Maybe even just launching technique, though the assisting, experienced kiter was confused as well.

I bought a used 2016 15 m Turbine with the large sentinel bar last year and got it out to fly today, noted with the new bar there are actually small stickers with the line lengths printed on them. The back lines are labeled as 65 cm longer then the front. I hooked up the kite like my usual 9 & 12m Rally’s keeping to the middle knot on all pigtails and was unable to launch as even without any trim the back lines would not tighten/power up the kite while the front lines were pulled taut.

What am I missing here? Did the guy I bought it from sub in some interesting lines? Are the lines supposed to be equal length like every other kite I’ve flown or does the Turbine have that different an angle of attack/bridle system that the lines are tuned different? Hooking the lines off a fixed point gives the expected result that the back lines are longer as labeled. Should I tune the sentinel bar somehow to shorten the back lines? Thanks!

a.benjamin76

Since 27 Jul 2017
112 Posts

Stoked

PostSat Jun 01, 19 11:07 pm    Extensions Reply with quote

Is it the 20 cm or 23cm bar? The 20cm bar comes with extension 20m lines and 3m extensions. The 23cm bar comes with 27m lines. It could be that he forgot the extensions on the outside lines or took them off the inside lines for whatever odd. Lay out all your lines and check for extensions. That could be your problem. All 4 line lengths should be the same

Nak

Since 19 May 2005
4199 Posts
Camas
XTreme Poster

CGKA Member

PostSun Jun 02, 19 9:36 am     Reply with quote

The lines on the bar might be reversed. The steering lines are different length than the center lines as the steering leader lines are longer than the center leader. Once assembled, all four lines should be equal length with the depower rope at full power and the control bar pulled all the way back. Also, the center lines are 800# test as compared to 600# test on the steering lines.

http://www.nwkite.com/forums/t-10679.html&highlight=tuning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Northwest Kiteboarding -> Gorge / Portland / Oregon Coast All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: